I finally emptied my pocket after all these years...

This is a discussion on I finally emptied my pocket after all these years... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been around here a long time, and for much of that time, I've simply carried a J Frame 642 in either a Mika or ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Camjr
  • 1 Post By rammerjammer

Thread: I finally emptied my pocket after all these years...

I've been around here a long time, and for much of that time, I've simply carried a J Frame 642 in either a Mika or Nemesis pocket holster. No muss, no fuss. Easy. Comfortable.

As I continue to grow older, I decided I wanted to go even more comfortable and try that little lightweight revolver in some OWB leather. When I carry a full size semiauto pistol, it goes IWB in a MTAC Minotaur, but I didn't want to go IWB with the J Frame since I already pocket carry much of the time. I picked up this leather high ride OWB pancake holster made by The Master's Holsters this morning (dangerous with the money when I take a day off...). I don't know why I didn't try this sooner. The pocket will still be an option when I need it, but this is by far the most comfortable way I've carried this rounded off little wheelgun. It pulls in tight to the body, doesn't poke and stab, and just disappears under a t-shirt, polo, or pretty much anything else. Here's a couple of shots with my load of choice: Speer Gold Dot .38 spl 135gr +p short barrel rounds.

Cheers!

Aceoky and Easy8 like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Looks good. I am looking for an OWB for the jframe. I miss having pockets some days
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I too have started to occasionally take my LCR out of my pocket and go OWB w/a Mitch Rosen holster. I still like to have a gun in my pocket so the LCP gets the carry nod too if I go OWB with the LCR. I really like pocket carry because I can be gripping my gun whenever I want with no one the wiser.
    10thmtn likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

John, for my J frame, model 36, I have a galco leather paddle holster. I love it.

Also have their ankle glove. Thats a very comfortable carry, and great for driving.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Looks good. I am looking for an OWB for the jframe. I miss having pockets some days

Very nice leather you have there!

Great gun, I love the j frame owb very comfy I use hayesleather.com

Looks like u got a great setup there.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Are you wearing dresses or skirts or did CA ban pockets?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sponsored Links