Belts- A better belt USA or Armour belts?

This is a discussion on Belts- A better belt USA or Armour belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Both companies products are getting great reviews on here and all over the internet, so I doubt I can go wrong with either. I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Belts- A better belt USA or Armour belts?

Belts- A better belt USA or Armour belts?

Both companies products are getting great reviews on here and all over the internet, so I doubt I can go wrong with either. I was just wondering if anyone has both and can point out some of the differences between the 2.

A better belt uses bullhide while Armour uses full grain cowhide. I have never had a belt made of bullhide, is it really that much better for belts? (never had a dual layer belt for that matter)

Anyone know if either company has any specials/coupons running right now?

Basically looking to see if there are any reasons to choose one over the other.
    Last edited by askoop; September 15th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Can't answer for Armour, but, I can vouch for A Better Belt having a great product and superior service.
    ABetterBelt likes this.
    Certified Infidel

I wish there were a way you could see and wear both for 5 minutes, for they are as different as night and day. Armour is making the best gun belt available today. I've tried all of them and used to sell some of the major players at retail. Armour hasn't been around that long but the product is better than anything I've yet found. For the price (I think $68 right now), there isn't another belt available that compares.
    Mikedare likes this.

I can vouch for Better Belt USA. Their quality is top notch and their customer service is personal. I made a mistake on my order and sent an email and Tracy responded in minutes to confirm the correction. I had the belt in 2 weeks and it was wrapped with bubble wrap inside the box. They really take pride in their product. I have no experience with Armour.

ABetterBelt likes this.

I've purchased both and in my opinion they are equally well made and either will provide you with an excellent carry belt for many years.
    ABetterBelt likes this.

Better belt +1
    ABetterBelt likes this.

I've never tried A Better Belt, but I do have Looper and Armour belts.

The Armour is a superior belt compared to the Looper. It's thicker, sturdier and looks better. A lot better. While not very many people ever see my belt, I think the attention to detail put in the Armour is testament to Mike Bissell's craftsmanship.

Armour, all the way.
    Mikedare likes this.

my only experience is with armour belts, and i wrote up the review on it here: Armourbelts.com (Mike Bissel) Belt review I cannot recommend armour belts highly enough. it is exceptional in quality, fit and comfort.
    Mikedare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob2322 View Post
    Better belt +1
    +2
    ABetterBelt likes this.

I just got a better belt recently and I like it a lot. Great delivery and service as well.

No experience with armour belt.
    ABetterBelt likes this.

Here is a link to thread where I posted pics
    Bianchi 58 pi, A Better Belt

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    I would think that belt loop spacing and stuff would be equally as importance. You want stiffness in the belt so you don't get sag but you want closer belt loops to prevent excessive flex. Might even be worth considering sewing in another loop right where the end of your holster attaches once you get the position right.

Is it belt thickness or width that's more important. I suppose you don't want the clip to be too much wider than the belt either.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    I would think that belt loop spacing and stuff would be equally as importance. You want stiffness in the belt so you don't get sag but you want closer belt loops to prevent excessive flex. Might even be worth considering sewing in another loop right where the end of your holster attaches once you get the position right.

Is it belt thickness or width that's more important. I suppose you don't want the clip to be too much wider than the belt either.
    If your gun belt is too thick or stiff, you won't wear it and it won't fit through your pant loops or holster. You'll end up spending a bunch of money on something that's gonna collect dust. The most important thing in buying the right gun belt is to measure yourself correctly and submitting the right size. Your belt should be snug on your waist and not uncomfortable. I think it's better to wear your brand new belt a little bit tighter than you're used to. Eventually the belt will stretch a tiny bit making it the perfect size.
    www.ZachsGunBelts.com
    Custom - Handcrafted - Made in the USA

I have a 1.75 single stitch A Better Belt and am very happy with it. Supports a G19 AIWB very well. I'd buy another one just like it if I ever lost it.
    ABetterBelt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by askoop View Post
    Both companies products are getting great reviews on here and all over the internet, so I doubt I can go wrong with either. I was just wondering if anyone has both and can point out some of the differences between the 2.

A better belt uses bullhide while Armour uses full grain cowhide. I have never had a belt made of bullhide, is it really that much better for belts? (never had a dual layer belt for that matter)

Anyone know if either company has any specials/coupons running right now?

Basically looking to see if there are any reasons to choose one over the other.
    If I were to step back and pretend I didn't make one of these two belts.....
    If I were only to read the glowing reviews both of these companies receive on the forums.......

I would conclude that these two gentlemen both make a top quality product, and I salute them both for offering them at fair prices.

In the beginning, I made cowhide gun belts before switching to bull hide. If I had continued to make cow hide belts, I honestly believe I would be making one very similar to Mr. Dare's belt. I've visited his website to check his "specs". His 5/16" thick belts is pretty close to what I determined a cow hide gun belt needed to be to offer superior stability. Since I prefer a slightly thinner belt, I switched to bull hide so I could reduce the thickness to just under 1/4".

bull-cow-2.jpg

So the question you should ask yourself is not as much which is better. The question is: Would I prefer a thicker or thinner belt? I imagine there are plenty of people needing a great gun belt on both sides of this question to keep Mr Dare and myself very busy. IMO, choose either with confidence.

Stay safe,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links