Looking to CCW my Kel Tec PMR 30

Looking to CCW my Kel Tec PMR 30

This is a discussion on Looking to CCW my Kel Tec PMR 30 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I cannot for the life of me find a suitable holster to carry this light and handy 30 rd blaster. In fact, I can't find ...

Thread: Looking to CCW my Kel Tec PMR 30

Question Looking to CCW my Kel Tec PMR 30

I cannot for the life of me find a suitable holster to carry this light and handy 30 rd blaster. In fact, I can't find any sort of holster that will fit the dang pistol. Not for exposed "sporting" carry OR defensive carry. Anybody have any ideas or better yet links? The pix show two targets I fired with the PMR30. The target with only the 22 holes showing is one in which I dumped the 30 rounds into the target as fast as I could pull the trigger at about 7 yards. The one with the two groups on a B7 target type is the very first I ever fired with the piece. The lower group with the bigger holes are the first ever fired with my new Sig P227 45. The 22WMR is a zero kicking load and although it does generate a huge muzzle blast, the efficacy of having 30 rounds on tap is undeniable. I only had a few fliers and those were my first ever groups with that gun. I'm thinking that since my wife can no longer handle her beloved 45 Colt Combat Commander since her chemotherapy, this might be a good emergency "go to" gun for her as well.
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Is it feasible to get a different gun ? The walther p22 is a super accurate little gun,but it's not a 22 mag and doesn't hold 30 rounds. If its not I would say give a try at making a simple kydex rig for it. If you have a Tandy leather near you they carry everything you need including kydex and clips

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Is it feasible to get a different gun ? The walther p22 is a super accurate little gun,but it's not a 22 mag and doesn't hold 30 rounds. If its not I would say give a try at making a simple kydex rig for it. If you have a Tandy leather near you they carry everything you need including kydex and clips
    Actually, I found a holster for the Kel-Tec PMR 30 and they make mag carriers as well:
    Cuda
    Single Magazine Pouch

I think I'm going to get this. BTW, I had a Walther P22. What a piece of ..... junk. I even had the one that was labeled as the "target version" HA! That's a laugh. The 22 is adequate for what Israel uses it for (assassinations) as long as you can put your suppressed round right into an eyeball. But for standard self defense? Well, it's better than nothing. The 22 magnum is however a screamer of a round and thirty rounds on tap is a whole lot better than nothing or it's tiny brother the 22LR. Perfect for my wife. Heck if you're close enough, the muzzle blast from the PMR30 is enough to rip open a gut.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I have a Walther P-22. I agree it is a POS with regular ammo. It will only ignite the Primo HV (expensive) .22lr at 1600 fps.
    However, it came with a laser, so the wife loves it and uses it for fun and practice.

For someone who is unable to handle recoil, a .22mag with copper-plated HPs could make a mess of an attacker at close range, especially with 31 rounds at close range.
    I've been carrying a 6th Gen Kel-Tec PF9 all summer and do not feel the least bit under-armed. Kel-Tec makes some good stuff, but I am a bit leery of anyone's 1st gen product. My 1st Gen PF9 was 100%, but I was leery, at first.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    ExSoldier, I bought one to play with, because if you believe everything that is popular in defensive handgun training today one would think that all the experts would agree that this is the ultimate gun fighting pistol, for all the reasons you mention: low recoil and blazing fast follow up shots, double the magazine capacity of "high capacity" pistols, 12"+ penetration with .22WMR, and it is incredibly loud to boot (I am pretty certain that an attacker downrange would think several people were shooting at him with .44 magnums). The first time I shot it I could hardly believe how loud it is.

They claim its a jam-o-matic. I did have some failures to extract, probably 1 in four magazines, but only when loading 30 rounds. When I dropped to 25 they went away and didn't come back. I too was surprised by the accuracy and easy target acquisition with those offensively day glow sights. It's one of the lightest pistols there is...empty, but it does get heavy with full mags. I have big hands, and I can see how the triangular grip might be really bad for someone with small hands, but it suited me fine. The trigger was also a pleasant surprise. Pretty glassy right out of the box, which I would have to be because I bet its ver hard to fine anyone who works on these.

Like all of George Kelgren's guns, they're very different and innovative. The big Mfgs would never take the chances he does.

More power to you if you're going to CCW this one. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end, becuase you're probably going to get shot, allot, if the shooter is shooting at you with one of these.

If you don't find a rig you like there are multiple people who will affordably make you a custom one.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Yup it is incredibly loud and the muzzle flash! Lawdy Lawdy that muzzle flash will guarantee you lose your night vision with the first shot at night. I really bought it for my wife to replace the 45 Combat Commander she can no longer even lift after her cancer. We both have smallish hands but find it is comfy to handle nonetheless. The only down side is that it's complex to field strip and clean. I had to find a YOUTUBE video to help with that. And lubing it is a bit problematic. I might give my FROG LUBE a shot (pun) at this issue. To help with the night vision loss, I think I may put my Viridian light/laser (green of course) combo on the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Actually, I found a holster for the Kel-Tec PMR 30 and they make mag carriers as well:
    Cuda
    Single Magazine Pouch

I think I'm going to get this. BTW, I had a Walther P22. What a piece of ..... junk. I even had the one that was labeled as the "target version" HA! That's a laugh. The 22 is adequate for what Israel uses it for (assassinations) as long as you can put your suppressed round right into an eyeball. But for standard self defense? Well, it's better than nothing. The 22 magnum is however a screamer of a round and thirty rounds on tap is a whole lot better than nothing or it's tiny brother the 22LR. Perfect for my wife. Heck if you're close enough, the muzzle blast from the PMR30 is enough to rip open a gut.
    My p22 wasa blast although it only expensive HV ammo as noted. Winchester makes 22 mag PDX rounds which after seeing a groundhog shot with one I would not hesitate to load up on for cc purposes ... It was.... Effective to say the least.

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'm interested in your continuing evaluation of a PRM-30 as CCW. As for the Walther P22, my personal experience agrees with ExSoldier. I couldn't rid myself of it fast enough.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links