Suit holstering options?

This is a discussion on Suit holstering options? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read on here that some have suits with tailored in holsters/pockets. How do you go about doing this? Do you have a specific ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Suit holstering options?

Suit holstering options?

I have read on here that some have suits with tailored in holsters/pockets. How do you go about doing this? Do you have a specific pistol you carry and thus tailor the holster exactly for that pistol? Or is there some kind of set up that you have which allows for either multiple pistols to fit or you have the ability to attach the appropriate holster for the pistol you are carrying at that time? If you have an adjustable set up - what kind of attachment system did you have tailored in? How does it work? How stable/secure is it?

2. Remove Ads

The fabric in most suits will not support a firearm without distorting the cut of the suit, the fabric, or the "hang", unless it is a super light pocket rocket carried in a front pocket.

I would never ruin a suit in such a manner (trying to "build in" a holster/attachment or the like). It will look like you're trying to carry a small anvil.

Look at smaller pistols and quality pocket holsters. The right combo will work well in nicely cut suit pants, or dress slacks, with no one the wiser. Get a quality holster made for the gun!

There is a thread for "Mouse Guns," virtually all of which are fine firearms. Combine one of these with a quality holster, and you'll be good to go. Holsters could include pocket holsters, shoulder rigs, and others.

Look here: Small 9mm or .380?

Here too: http://api.ning.com/files/cmz-Kp*lYg...Comparison.jpg

There are dozens of nice options when wearing a suit. If you go with a shoulder rig, wear it when the suit is tailored, if your locale and environment allows.

Does anyone have a better link to the Mouse Gun Chart?
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I wear a suit during the work week. Weight is your enemy. I carry two LCPs, one in each front pocket. Pocket holsters with anti print panels from Jim at www.hiddenholsters.net

He added a thumb push off for me.

Other similar pocket holsters include the Desantis Superfly, and the ones from www.maelwear.com
    Jaeger likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I'll echo the previous response. To continue, this isn't quite a response to the question you asked, but coronadoleather.com has what are reputed to be excellent leather vests and jackets with built-in loops intended to serve as holsters. I don't actually own a suit, since a nice leather jacket with slacks (and a tie when needed) has always been close enough in any suit-like circumstances I've ever encountered (including meetings of the NMSU Board of Regents when I was chair of the Faculty Senate). I hinted rather broadly last Christmas that I wanted a Coronado Americana - Designing and crafting premium leather goods since 1981 to replace my black jacket which is wearing out, but apparently not broadly enough...

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I'm in the same boat, and the reason I started carrying all the time is because I bought an LCP. Yes, it's a compromise, and I'm jealouse of all the guys who carry a full sized .45, but it just isn't practical for me, especially in the summer when in the field I may want to take off my jacket very badly. It's a comfort issue...and it may kill me... just like eating bacon
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I can easily carry a sig 229 in a kangaroo carry while wearing a suit. It's a little "deep", but pretty much invisible.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    How much does a PPK weigh? Allways wanted one...
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

My wife is a tailor at a high end retail provider. She has become quite adept at tailoring a suit around a firearm. A LOT of her clients carry.

A good reputable tailor can accommodate.
    Rock and Glock and 40Bob like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gun1 View Post
    I have read on here that some have suits with tailored in holsters/pockets. How do you go about doing this? Do you have a specific pistol you carry and thus tailor the holster exactly for that pistol? Or is there some kind of set up that you have which allows for either multiple pistols to fit or you have the ability to attach the appropriate holster for the pistol you are carrying at that time? If you have an adjustable set up - what kind of attachment system did you have tailored in? How does it work? How stable/secure is it?
    Personally when I wear a suit, I typically conceal deep, and use a hybrid (crossbreed style) IWB holster, with my shirt tucked in over it. If I have a tux with cumberbund, I may use a belly band under the cumberbund with a small firearm like my Nano with a spare mag or two beneath it.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    My wife is a tailor at a high end retail provider. She has become quite adept at tailoring a suit around a firearm. A LOT of her clients carry.

A good reputable tailor can accommodate.
    I'd like to hear more about your wife's experiences in her role in tailoring a suit 'round a pistol, 357.

A TCP in a pocket or Remora holster positioned IWB works for me. I don't tailor my clothes to accomodate a gun.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    21 oz. unloaded.

When I was a suit I wore an IWB for the Walther PPK or the P99. Some days I wore a shoulder rig for the PPK.

You cannot hang a firearm of almost any size from a well-made siut coat. It will not drape properly and one side will always want to hang lower and you will forever be trying to adjust the suit coat.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I believe it's 21 ounces. Nice little gun, thin, stout, however I rarely CC it, I'd rather CC my PPS.

Here's a thorough article about them Walther PPK Pistol
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    For for information you may also visit my collector site with my Walthers here: Unofficial Walther Home Page

I have not updated this site in many years, but the information presented is accurate.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links