Need holster advice for an M&P 9c

This is a discussion on Need holster advice for an M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is probably my 10th post looking for advice on this site and I always get such good results, so here I go again. I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By patri0t

Thread: Need holster advice for an M&P 9c

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

This is probably my 10th post looking for advice on this site and I always get such good results, so here I go again. I would like to get a paddle style holster, such as a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Holster because I really like the finger release for drawing. However, most of these holsters are designed for LEO/Military service firearms so they only fit full sized pistols and don't fit my S&W M&P 9c (compact). Does anyone know of a similar holster that would fit my M&P 9c? Thanks!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

VIP Member
    My 9c fits in my full-sized holster perfectly.
    KoriBustard likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My 9c fits in my full-sized holster perfectly.
    What holster is that?
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

I think most holsters designed for the M&P 9 will also fit the M&P 9c. The reason is the dimensions of the pistol are the same for both for the parts that matter in terms of holster fit. The shorter barrel and grip of the 9c shouldn't effect holster engagement.

I've got both a 9 and 9c and have one leather/kydex hybrid IWB holster that fit both of them the same.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    What holster is that?
    I'm pretty sure that any holster made for a full-sized M&P will also accommodate its compact counterpart.
    40Cal365 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Bladetech. They are modular, so what you buy as a paddle holster, can also be converted to belt use, with a change out of attachments.

They are comfortable, and rock solid.

The reason I was interested in the BlackHawk Serpa is the "autolock" feature that secures the pistol but is released in a natural drawing motion. Anyone had experience with this? I'm thinking about purchasing this holster, if what I'm reading here is true that the holster designed for full sized M&P 9 will fit my 9c.blackhawk Serpa.jpg
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

The Safariland link above has the 'Auto-Lock-System', is felt lined, and releases with a 'natural draw motion'. It also has the fitting chart for exact models, including yours.

I have dealt with Midway for years as LEO and Old retired guy and they are an A+ company. If it isn't right, they will make it right.
    KoriBustard likes this.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I cannot recommend the blackhawk style holsters, nor paddle holsters.

Just to throw in my two bits, I just got an M&P 9c and I got two holsters for it -- a CTAC and a Minotaur Gladiator, both from Comp-Tac. Both working great so far. Retention is just fine without extraneous hardware that may break and cause problems, or cause you to pull the trigger as you draw.

EDIT: One of MANY articles on the problems with SERPA holsters: SERPA warning
    Last edited by brocktice; September 18th, 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added info.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    I cannot recommend the blackhawk style holsters, nor paddle holsters.

Just to throw in my two bits, I just got an M&P 9c and I got two holsters for it -- a CTAC and a Minotaur Gladiator, both from Comp-Tac. Both working great so far. Retention is just fine without extraneous hardware that may break and cause problems, or cause you to pull the trigger as you draw.

EDIT: One of MANY articles on the problems with SERPA holsters: SERPA warning
    Very interesting. I think I'm now leaning more toward the SafariLand. See? This is why I post questions here before purchasing. Great input everyone.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

I'm a Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths guy. Have 1 for my FS 40 and just ordering 1 for a 40c that I pick up tomm.
    The OWB is a class I holster. Can see on their website or I can throw up some pics.
    Like you I came here and 1 other blog for advise. This is the only holster I own, luckily I don't have the dreaded drawer full like some.

Here is the description which is spot on accurate:
    I describe it as a cross between a traditional paddle and a pancake holster. You get the convenience and speed of the paddle, but the conceal ability of a traditional belt-slot pancake.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six
    Ruger Speed Six

Comp Tac MTAC. I use that, love it for my 9c. Also use a kydex rig that a friend made.

Incog from G-code is on the way for appendix carry

Sponsored Links