Advice on Kydex modification

This is a discussion on Advice on Kydex modification within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a M & P Shield! I currently have a Crossbreed that is fitted for my CZ P-07. Which is a much wider ...

Thread: Advice on Kydex modification

Advice on Kydex modification

I just got a M & P Shield! I currently have a Crossbreed that is fitted for my CZ P-07. Which is a much wider gun... I want to try and modify the Kydex to fit the M&P. Is this possible? I have read about heating up the Kydex and letting it cool around the new gun. But, that doesn't seem like it would work as there is so much extra material that is there to mold around the larger gun. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

it would "kinda" work, if you can it would be easier to just buy a new kydex shell, remove the old one and put on the new one.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    it would "kinda" work, if you can it would be easier to just buy a new kydex shell, remove the old one and put on the new one.
    Does Crossbreed do that? I've been searching their site and cannot find it...
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

Lead Moderator
    Might be better to purchase a old faithful or other DIY holster and learn, rather than trying to modify a existing holster makers work . The size difference may make your attempted modification a mess.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links