extremely extreme carry angles

This is a discussion on extremely extreme carry angles within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's a Seventrees SCP from the Sixties, and the carry angle is an extreme 54 degrees as measured by my software. The revolver (for a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rednichols

Thread: extremely extreme carry angles

extremely extreme carry angles

It's a Seventrees SCP from the Sixties, and the carry angle is an extreme 54 degrees as measured by my software. The revolver (for a Chiefs Special) is so small that, with standard grips, it's unlikely the angle makes any difference at all to comfort and concealment; but to draw it would be another matter. I expect that the pull-through retention would enable a "snatch" of the revolver toward the target; in those days it wasn't part of the discipline to get a full grip before drawing. Paris' catalogue image made it appear that the angle would be more reasonable; it's something to watch for when buying from a catalogue (or website); Michael and I go to a lot of trouble to display my own range of holsters at the real carry angle.

54 degrees.jpgscp catalogue.jpg
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    That is one of my minor gripes looking at holsters on websites.

AKA holsters not being photographed as they would be on the belt or at the actual wearing angle.

I need to either tilt my head or my laptop in order to see the exact "on body" carry angle.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Yeah, it seems like when they photograph the holsters they angle them to make them look rakish and sexy. I'd rather see them as they will look on my belt.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Links