Learned a lesson tody

This is a discussion on Learned a lesson tody within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I left my holster on the dash of my truck for the last 2 days. Well I remembered it this morning. Now my gun won't ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rbloodhound

Thread: Learned a lesson tody

Learned a lesson tody

I left my holster on the dash of my truck for the last 2 days. Well I remembered it this morning. Now my gun won't fit. The kydex has shrunk.

I know what not to do now.

2. Remove Ads

you can heat it up gently in the oven ...say 220 degrees or so, then stick your gun in to reform it, assuming it is all kydex. If it does not fit is a specific area, you can heat it with a heat gun and do the same thing.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Kydex and leather. It is a fox holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Basically it's likely not shrunk per say it's just thermo molded in a way that doesn't fit your gun;) You can look up kydex how to videos the premise is kind of the same on remolding it yourself. You can use a heatgun, and say a towel or gloves to form it yourself. Or using the oven as suggested above, the biggest thing is don't get in a hurry and don't let the kydex get too hot(it will get shiny if overheated and will not go back to matt afterwards). Just go slow and try to work the areas that are important for retention like the trigger guard, and chamber areas.

Another option might be to send it back to Fox and have them reform the kydex for ya, if they are willing wouldn't hurt to check with them as well.

Take care!

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

I used the oven to heat it a little. I then used a hair dryer to finish it. It is now as good as new.
    Aceoky and Rock and Glock like this.

Links