Dress gun belt

Dress gun belt

This is a discussion on Dress gun belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I know there are a ton of threads on this but I'm looking for something very specific. I just bought 2 hanks Amish belts ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dress gun belt

Dress gun belt

Ok I know there are a ton of threads on this but I'm looking for something very specific. I just bought 2 hanks Amish belts and have been very dissatisfied. They stretched after just a few weeks and my crossbreed holster scratched them up unbelievably. Nice thing about Hanks is that they are giving me a full refund and label so i dont even have to pay for shipping.

But now I know what I want. I want two belts black and brown that need to be at least semi-dressy. Black belt will be worn with a suit and brown with business casual. I want a real leather gun belt this time and am willing to pay $50-$75 each. I want it to be 1.5". And I want the holes to be spaced 1/2" apart or even .25" apart. I just want them as close as possible.

What options do I have?

I'm leanin toward an Armour belt. Armour Belts

I thought that i had an answer to your question. I have been wearing a Bladetech Looper belt for about a week and a half. It is leather with a kydex insert. It is very comfortable. I got a brown belt. They come in black, too. 1 1/2 inches wide.

HOWEVER, the holes are an inch apart, which I believe is fairly standard for dress belts. I found it on Amazon.

———You can't always get what you want, but if you try you get what you need.

The Beltman is a very popular and highly recommended brand. For a dual-layer 1.5 inch belt with 7 holes 3/4 in apart (standard is 5 holes 1 in apart) will run about $80. A bit over your price range but they should last just about forever. They are available in black, brown, tan and cordovan colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters All you ever wanted to know about holsters and belts. I have one of each. Belt was around $50 good quality, good people. They make more expensive ones, also.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I love Crossbreed's dress belts, but I'm cheap...so I keep looking on Crossbreed Seconds hoping one will pop up in my size. I see dress belts there all the time, but never in my size.

What's the benefit of 1.5 over 1.25 inches? If all I carry is an sr9c IWB and pocket carry a jframe is it gonna make a difference.

1.5in is pretty much standard now for holsters and gear so getting a 1.5in is a good idea to be compatible with most gear and they fit in most men's pants belt loops without any issues.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 4

Just a heads up - if you carry any belt holster equipment (tools, pepper spray, lights, etc) - check the belt loop size on the holster.

I have a Bark River Gunny knife I carry sometimes that has a small belt loop on it. I have a Crossbreed 1.25" belt and the knife holster is a VERY TIGHT SQUEEZE (as in it takes a lot of work to get it on and off).

Most belt loops are able to accommodate a 1.5" belt, just not all and I have a couple pairs.

If I may make a suggestion on sizing also - I'd size the belt to the upper holes (top 2, or even the top) with your gun (or the biggest one you would carry with the belt) with a few layers of clothes on (thinking of the winter months here). I say this because I followed Crossbreed's instructions to the T and with the gun I originally got the set up for the fit was perfectly centered on the center hole. When I am carrying my smaller pistol I am at the second to last hole. When I pocket carry or for-go a firearm I am very often down to the last hole. If I could do it over again I would have the belt sized so the upper hole, or the next one down, is where I would wear the belt with my bigger pistol with heavier clothes on. That way I have more room on the small side because right now I have no more room to drop down.

Beltman belts sound like a good solution for you. I would also recommend 5.11's leather belts. I have a brown one. Classy enough to wear for dressing up, and so far it has been durable and pretty darn scratch resistant in my opinion. I think I got mine for just under $50.

The Beltman Gun Belts by The Belt Man is the standard by which gun belts are judged. The Beltman quality is unsurpassable in my experience. I have two, 7 holes 3/4" apart. The 1 1/2" belt will handle what you carry. A 1 1/4" belt with stiffener will handle the weight of your guns, but if the belt slots of the holster are larger than the belt, the holster will squirm as you walk.

The last belt I ordered was from A&G http://agcustomleather.com because they are a site supporter and their site describes their construction to be the same as The Beltman. It is very attractive. I have not used this belt a lot yet, but so far-so good.

The most dressy looking belt I have is the 1 1/2" SB3 from GalcoGalco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters. It has tapered edges so is a true dress belt. I have used it a lot with a S&W J-frame 3" model 60 and it does a great job. But it is not suitable for anything heavier.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I was looking for the same recently and ended up with a Galco SB3 in black. Meets your criteria (though holes are probably 1" spacing) and $63 from Midway. I wore it for two weeks straight before taking it to Front Sight for a four day course. It met all of my expectations and I will be wearing it in place of a dress belt (even without a holster / firearm) in the future. I will probably get one in brown next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links