Need help with leather pocket holsters (Kahr PM9)

This is a discussion on Need help with leather pocket holsters (Kahr PM9) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is where I'm at (right front pocket): Using a Nemesis: Like it ok, no retention (draws well), but I'd prefer to be able to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By DonPablo_VA

Thread: Need help with leather pocket holsters (Kahr PM9)

Need help with leather pocket holsters (Kahr PM9)

Here is where I'm at (right front pocket):

Using a Nemesis: Like it ok, no retention (draws well), but I'd prefer to be able to lightly "sling" a gun and the holster not fly across a room (I don't sling guns, I just can't think of another way to put this). Doesn't print too badly, but it still shows a fair amount of gun outline.

Have a sticky and remora - Not really good for pockets.

Uncle Mikes - Don't like it, not sturdy enough, etc.

El Paso Pocket Max - Thought it might be the answer, but went back to the Nemesis. The design makes the print in my pocket look exactly like a gun slide, and the leather just isn't thick enough to hide rest of the print at all.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something in nice leather that prints like anything but a pistol. I know it won't disappear, but the way the Kahr is designed leads to a lot of holsters which either show the slide outline or don't mask the grip at all (usually the piece below the barrel is too thin, and can't really be seen, only the grip can). The rgrizzle design looks like it has good coverage, anything else come to mind. I'll consider your kydex suggestions too, I just don't want to wait 12 weeks for Kydex if I can help it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Checked out those suggestions earlier this month. Would be interested to see if anyone has input on the more custom makers' pocket designs that don't get a ton of attention (probably due to cost?). Mitch Rosen, Wright, Rgrizzle, etc.

I guess if money isn't an issue, and with my concern in mind, any suggestions?

I prefer the Ted Blocker pocket holsters. They are heavier leather and conceal well. I have them for an S&W j-frame, Springfield XDS-45, and Sig P938.

Other - tedblockerholsters
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

See if you can make friends with back-pocket carry and consider the Recluse Holster:

www.recluseholster.com Kahr:PM9 Category

Back pocket tends to appear as a wallet, plus you aren't looking at it.
    Last edited by CPO 15; September 23rd, 2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Brain stone

Some options for leather holsters with a front panel that helps to break up the line of small guns:

WHEC724 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I use a Kramer pocket holster for my CM9 when I pocket carry. I love this holster and it has a panel built in to hide the gun's outline.

Kramer CM9 Pocket Holster Photos by JoeyG26 | Photobucket

I too felt your frustration trying to find a good pocket holster. I stumbled upon High Noon Holsters Pocket Grabber and the search is over. It combines good stiff leather surrounded on the outside with a clingy (not sticky) rubber gripping surface. The tab at the bottom breaks up shape, and is also the leverage point you'll use with your finger to draw. I use this holster all the time for pocket carry of my PM9. Pocket Grabber

CAM00309.jpg

CAM00310.jpg

CAM00312.jpg

DP
    FlaRon likes this.

Some really good suggestions to keep the research going, thanks folks.

...T. Ray

Pocket Concealment Systems, Inc. Online Catalogue

I use the Harpoon for my G 27. Good quality.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Cool

I used a High Noon Pocket Grabber for my Diamondback .380 which is of course a small and lighter gun than your Kahr.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

It worked as intended and is quality manufactured.

Don Pablo_Va likes his Pocket Grabber for his Kahr just fine it seems.

High Noon has a great return deal. Buy it and don't like it, return it in 30 days for a refund.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

This is what I use, it's a Galco, has a rough surface that clings to your pocket material. Not my gun by the way, mine is similar in size to yours, a pf9.

785457.jpg

With my PM9 I use a Fist Kydex holster Untitled Document
    They also make the same holster in leather Untitled Document

PIC01498.jpg

I like the the use of the thumb push off that helps to keep the holster in the pocket when http://www.fist-inc.com/PIC01498.jpg the pistol

I use a Galco PH158 horsehide pocket holster. Slick on the inside and grabby on the outside. It also fits my Smith & Wesson Model 37 Snubbie. Breaks up the pistol outline quite nicely. When you buy it, it's very stiff and flat. Put it into a narrow drawer or something to form it into a curve, like you do a baseball glove, and it will serve you well.
    It isnít the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Links