ankle an IWB suggestions hammerless J frame

This is a discussion on ankle an IWB suggestions hammerless J frame within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; suggestions for a good ankle holster for a hammerless J Frame (642) also wondering how comfortable IWB holsters are, do they print bad, and where ...

Thread: ankle an IWB suggestions hammerless J frame

suggestions for a good ankle holster for a hammerless J Frame (642) also wondering how comfortable IWB holsters are, do they print bad, and where is the best place to carry them (back, side, etc), and what brand suggestions do you have for them. Also leather or nylon, I like both.

Btw I have the pocket and owb already covered since my SP101 holsters seem to work for the 642.

VIP Member
    I have'nt been carrying long, but i do carry my 642 IWB quite often. I have an Uncle Mikes IWB Holster which isnt the best by a long shot. But if i wear a t-shirt tucked in for a little padding , I almost forget its there. It really doesnt print at all with a loose shirt. Just loosten your belt a knotch..I'm going for leather. From what Ive read on here , it's the way to go. Nothing is more comfy than OWB, But IWB can be almost as comfy with the right holster..Good luck and let us know what you get.....

Galco Glove Ankle holster (I have one for my Glock 27 and love it)
    You might try K & D Holsters for a good IWB holster
    www.kdholsters.com

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I use the Renegade for my 442...it is super comfortable with the wide elstic band and sheepskin backing...the strap is a pull thru design so it is very fast...and the holster is a soft leather pouch so it conceals better than a hard molded rig....for around 50 bucks, it's a steal...

Buy an Alessi. It's the ankle hoster that all are measured by. I've had an open top model for my S&W442 for years and will never sell it.

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

I owned the same Alessi ankle rig but I found ankle carry did not work well for me. No matter how tight I cinched the velcro, the holster seemed to slide down to my shoe. I think ankle carry might work with high boots but not for shoes/sneakers.

I found this Comptac IWB works really well for me. It conceals well even under a T-Shirt. It's a very light rig and the pistol clicks right into the kydex. Big thumbs up for Comptac!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I will agree 100% on the Renegade ankle rig. I used one for about 10 years when working patrol with a snubby and still have it today and it works fine when I carry a back up or for some reason go with ankle carry. Ohh dont be spooked by the strap on the Renegade, you can draw it while its snapped. I used it wrapped over a sock, around a combat type boot or under cowboy boots (best I've found for using if wearing roper type cowboy boots).

ITP I'll stick with Milt Sparks Summer Special. Gary Broomland has a very solid reputation, but so far I havent tried one from him.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Kramer ankle holster and Alessi Talon IWB for my 442.
    The Kramer is okay but I think that Alessi makes a way better ankle holster. The Talon has been very comfortable in a variety of positions and very stable.

Ankle holsters work 100% better with even a lowcut boot. I quit wearing tennis shoes years ago and only wear Vasque Sundowners so it works great with that setup.

I found that an ankle holster in dress pants is not a good combo for me because they tend to rise up easily.

I have to agree oregonshooter and vote for Alessi too... Great ankle holster.

jay

The Alessi didn't work for me, I think it was because I was wearing it over a quarter-boot and it stuck out too far, or it rode too low when I was wearing low quarter shoes. Shame, nice holster...sure didn't take long to sell on the boards! I have a DeSantis Apache that is much like the Renegade that I liked for years, and another DeSantis, this one leather with a thumbsnap, that I carry at the moment. I've tried a couple of other types in the distant past, but they were cheap rigs and didn't work for me.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sponsored Links