Looking for this logo on an IWB holster.

This is a discussion on Looking for this logo on an IWB holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not that I want one, just wondering if it was a holster or something else. It looked like a cross or plus sign maybe 1/2" ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By glocker73
  • 2 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy

Thread: Looking for this logo on an IWB holster.

Looking for this logo on an IWB holster.

Not that I want one, just wondering if it was a holster or something else.
    It looked like a cross or plus sign maybe 1/2" X 3/4" embossed into the center of a black metal belt clip that was on the outside of his belt the part showing was about 1-1/2" - 2" wide by 2" - 2-1/2" long.

This was on a friend at a retirement party in our office. Not that there would be an issue with it but I did not want to ask him with unknowns around. I would like to be able to surprise him by ID'n it. Else I will try to remember to ask about it next time I see him alone.

I did several Internet searches but came up blank.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a Crossbreed belt clip. Look here:

CrossBreed® Holsters
    dV8r likes this.

That could be it, thanks.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Also keep in mind that they have used several versions of their clips with the cross on them from memory, so if it's close but slightly different it's still likely them. I can't think of anyone else using a cross embossed type of clip.

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Not that I want one, just wondering if it was a holster or something else.
    It looked like a cross or plus sign maybe 1/2" X 3/4" embossed into the center of a black metal belt clip that was on the outside of his belt the part showing was about 1-1/2" - 2" wide by 2" - 2-1/2" long.

This was on a friend at a retirement party in our office. Not that there would be an issue with it but I did not want to ask him with unknowns around. I would like to be able to surprise him by ID'n it. Else I will try to remember to ask about it next time I see him alone.

I did several Internet searches but came up blank.
    I've never met anyone who couldn't identify Crossbreed's "Look at me I'm carrying a gun" emblem.
    Arborigine and brocktice like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    It must not have been a good IWB holster if you could see it,
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Seriously why ship an IWB holster with such obvious clips?

Posting from my phone, I blame all typos on Swype.

It's usually not obvious to 99% of folks, regardless of what's on the clips. Non-carrying folks are just oblivious most of the time.

Even my family that knows I'm carrying don't notice most of the time. Also, the clips are only showing if you're tucked. Many folks don't make use of that feature.

Part of being in business is brand recognition. How quickly did someone come right back with "Oh, that's probably Crossbreed. They are the only ones doing that"?

Seems like that's probably working for them.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    It's usually not obvious to 99% of folks, regardless of what's on the clips. Non-carrying folks are just oblivious most of the time.

Even my family that knows I'm carrying don't notice most of the time. Also, the clips are only showing if you're tucked. Many folks don't make use of that feature.

Part of being in business is brand recognition. How quickly did someone come right back with "Oh, that's probably Crossbreed. They are the only ones doing that"?

Seems like that's probably working for them.
    And one of the biggest requirements of a concealed carry holster is not to advertise that you are carrying concealed.

Using your marketing philosophy, the makers of Depends adult diapers should make sure that all of their products have giant flaps that comes down over the wearer's pants in the front and the rear that reads, "Depends...We've Got You Covered".
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I've never met anyone who couldn't identify Crossbreed's "Look at me I'm carrying a gun" emblem.
    Anybody that would know that probably carries also and wouldn't care, most non-gun people wouldn't know what "crossbreed" was or made.

It's like the "shoot me first" vests, same thing goes, I don't wear one, never have, but have seen people out in public with them on, I just figure their probably carrying also.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Anybody that would know that probably carries also and wouldn't care, most non-gun people wouldn't know what "crossbreed" was or made.

It's like the "shoot me first" vests, same thing goes, I don't wear one, never have, but have seen people out in public with them on, I just figure their probably carrying also.
    Just because one don't use a product doesn't mean one is oblivious to what the logo/emblem looks like.

How many logos/emblems of products that you will never use/have zero interest in can you recognize by sight?

I'll bet most men can recognize a Gucci logo or a Coach logo from across the room.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Just because one don't use a product doesn't mean one is oblivious to what the logo/emblem looks like.

How many logos/emblems of products that you will never use/have zero interest in can you recognize by sight?

I'll bet most men can recognize a Gucci logo or a Coach logo from across the room.
    Yes but you are also talking about two brands that are marketed every where you look, T.V., Magazines, Sales Ads, they are in the main stream, Crossbreed is usually only marketed in gun magazines, heck I'll bet you could put the Glock big G logo out and half of everyday people wouldn't even know what that stands for.

Links