Walking the dog holster?

This is a discussion on Walking the dog holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First I am sure their is already a post or several regarding my question but frankly it's Sunday and I am feeling too lazy to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Walking the dog holster?

Walking the dog holster?

First I am sure their is already a post or several regarding my question but frankly it's Sunday and I am feeling too lazy to search so I will start a new thread.

I am looking for a good holster I can "throw on" when I take the dog for a walk. I carry a M&P 9c btw. I need something that can be used with loose sweats or sports shorts. I don't think a remora will work because the elastic waistband I don't think would hold up my gun. I was thinking one of those elastic belly type but wasn't sure if there were other options or which ones are good or not. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time for all who reply.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Belly Bands would be a good choice or i have heard one member hear say suspenders under the T-shirt with a holster . I have not tried either way but they seem like it would work .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Fanny pack?
    StormRhydr likes this.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Oh god, not Fanny Packs again!
    jenatron and stylus like this.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Not much is going to hang on a pair of sweats without being pulled down.

Even my little Ket-Tec P3AT tries and pulls my shorts down if I'm not wearing a belt. You could try pocket carry in a light jacket or ankle carry.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Remora, against the skin, with a snug drawstring. I walk two miles every AM with a 686 or a 1911; no problems.

I'm looking at this for a small grab and go bag. I walk my dog a lot at night, and I want something to carry my pistol, a light, bottle of water, knife, and a few other things. Not so much of a problem in the cooler months, but handy in the Texas summer heat. I don't care if it looks "tactical" - I'm already walking a German Shepherd...

Active Shooter Bag - 5.11 2Banger Bag | 5.11 Tactical
    stylus likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I use a 5.11 under shirt with a p250sc chambered in 40. It does not conceal well. If I need to conceal a ppks 380 is the largest it will handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Smart Carry or Pistol Wear. Both have their own elastic band with Velcro closure. Strap it on, pistol goes in pouch/pocket, you and dog stroll on ....
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I use 6' of nylon rope one end to dog other to the gun.? guns in my belt.

You should recognize this for what it is -an opportunity to acquire another firearm. Nothing beats a lightweight J-frame (or equivalent) in a pocket holster for taking Fido for a walk. Whether it's in the front or back pocket of a pair of cargo shorts during the summer, or in coat pocket during the winter, you'll forget it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    First I am sure their is already a post or several regarding my question but frankly it's Sunday and I am feeling too lazy to search so I will start a new thread.

I am looking for a good holster I can "throw on" when I take the dog for a walk. I carry a M&P 9c btw. I need something that can be used with loose sweats or sports shorts. I don't think a remora will work because the elastic waistband I don't think would hold up my gun. I was thinking one of those elastic belly type but wasn't sure if there were other options or which ones are good or not. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time for all who reply.
    I just put the Galco IWB holster with a full size Colt 1991A1 onto some swim trunks and pulled the tie-string snug. No problems.
    Attached Images

Thats exactly what I use when walking my dogs. Airweight S&W J frame .22. 8 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    You should recognize this for what it is -an opportunity to acquire another firearm. Nothing beats a lightweight J-frame (or equivalent) in a pocket holster for taking Fido for a walk. Whether it's in the front or back pocket of a pair of cargo shorts during the summer, or in coat pocket during the winter, you'll forget it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Smart Carry or Pistol Wear. Both have their own elastic band with Velcro closure. Strap it on, pistol goes in pouch/pocket, you and dog stroll on ....
    I used to wear a Smart Carry holster. Now I pocket carry and I don't wear shorts.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Does the dog have a CCW?
    Phaedrus likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links