Does anyone use shoulder holsters for CCW?

This is a discussion on Does anyone use shoulder holsters for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In light of the recent bike club assault on the RR in NYC, I am considering using a shoulder holster for everyday carry, especially while ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Does anyone use shoulder holsters for CCW?

Does anyone use shoulder holsters for CCW?

In light of the recent bike club assault on the RR in NYC, I am considering using a shoulder holster for everyday carry, especially while driving. I'm concerned about not having quick access to my IWB while buckled up in my car.

How many of you use a full, shoulder holster for regular carry?
    ArmyCop and gatorbait51 like this.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't even own a shoulder holster, but I do have a couple of Kangaroo Carry. They are similar, cheap, and washable. They did creep me out a bit, it looked sort of like me wearing a bra. BTW I can conceal a sig 229 easily under a shirt with KC. It may be a bit deep but is a good rig.
    ArmyCop, EdJean and Kennydale like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I own a Galco Miami Classic II for a Sig P229, but rarely use it. On occasion I will wear it for a long road trip, but it isn't comfortable for long periods of walking/standing/moving around. I can access my weapon while seated from AIWB easily also, since that is my usual method of carry.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Holsters are like women's clothes they go out of style but if you wait long enough the will be in style again.
    Right now they're not cool.
    So who gives a hoot? If you like them use them.
    Guns are the same way, look at revolvers, renewed interest.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    In cooler weather I wear one daily, I usually run around in a T shirt with a flannel shirt over it unbuttoned (and jeans of course!). I also like to wear it driving if I have a jacket or vest on. I actually prefer a shoulder rig I find it very comfortable. I also wear one if in a suit or sport coat.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I will use a Miami Classic for driving, riding ATV's or motorcycles, or out in the field. The Classic really is comfortable - the piece in the back that all four straps connect to allows the straps to swivel and sit where they need to on your shoulders so they don't dig in like some do.
    bigdogtx likes this.

I sometimes use a shoulder rig for a Walther PP and P5 in winter.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

mkh
    I haven't worn one since my LEO days back in the '70s but I am thinking about getting one for this winter.

I use a Galco in cooler months for my P229 and like it very much. Proper adjustment makes it very comfortable.

+ 1 for the galco shoulder holsters. I have the miami classic. Great holsters, comfortable, .... and chicks dig em. They are good for drawing from a seated position. So are ankle holsters, btw.

VIP Member
    I have two ancient Bianchi shoulder holsters I use mainly on long road trips but not for EDC.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I also use the Galco Miami Classic and found it years ago after trying many different ones. I actually have two and find them very comfortable, especially while driving on long trips. Of course this gets used during cooler weather where either a light jacket or winter coat is used. I'll also wear a shoulder holster with formal wear as well.

Out of style? It's all about fit, function, comfort and concealment. A good fitted and adjusted shoulder holster is a good addition any collection in my opinion. Just like a firearm, one gun won't fit all situations and either will one holster.
    Stoveman and Navman like this.

I have a Galco Miami rig for my 629 and a Jackass rig for my Glock. They are THE shoulder holster to use. Say away from cheap nylon holsters. I find them very comfortable and allow for carry of a full size gun and reloads in a package that is comfortable and concealable. In the summer it is no longer my EDC but now that fall is here...........

The SH is NOT a speed rig, I still carry my BUG AIWB.
    Aceoky likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

My cheap nylon Uncle Mike's has been serving my Walthers a good many years. It's comfortable and well constructed.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I have a Galco Miami Classic II I use to carry my full size Kimber 1911 when riding my Harley or driving long distances in my truck. Also use it frequently when just sitting around the house. I find it just about the most comfortable way to carry when sitting for long periods of time.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links