Identifying model numbers on holsters

This is a discussion on Identifying model numbers on holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have now purchased approx. 12 holsters and maybe will be buying a few more . First off i love the holsters i have but ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JJVP
  • 1 Post By patri0t

Thread: Identifying model numbers on holsters

VIP Member

I have now purchased approx. 12 holsters and maybe will be buying a few more . First off i love the holsters i have but if i have one complaint i would love to see marks or names on them that would tell me what gun they fit .

Right now i try to keep the gun and holster together but i may have double holsters as well . Is there a permanant way to mark the holster and why does the makers not mark them i would pay a couple dollars more if they were embossed or marked for which gun they fit .

Do you all have a good way to quickly identify ?
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Sharpie. I have 2 Crossbreed Supertucks. One for a Taurus, one for a Ruger. Used a sharpie to mark the backside.
    StormRhydr likes this.

VIP Member
    All my holsters are molded to the guns they fit, so it's easy to tell which ones go where.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Take a Sharpie and mark them yourself.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

All my holsters are 'boned' to a particular firearm, I have a number of holsters from Fist, and each of those has the gun model grooved into the back of the holster.
    It certainly is easy enough to mark the back or inside of a holster as to the gun it is for...
    I also realize that when one has a 'box' of holsters, it can get a bit confusing, but I still know which holster goes to which gun by the color and shape.
    Another thing that I have done is to keep my most currently used holsters in one of two safes with its gun. Then I have a hanging shoe tree next to one of the safes and keep different the holsters for different caliber firearms in different sections. This narrows down the search of the lesser used holsters.

Example of shoe tree, but mine has more sections...http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-S...767919&sr=1-27
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You may want to use a "Rub-A-Dub" brand laundry marker. It looks exactly like a "sharpie", but is NOT water soluble, so it won't stain your clothes if you sweat.
    Walmart has 'em.

Also, you can use a roto-tool to engrave Kydex-type or crossbreed/hybrid holsters. I've had to use acrylic paint on an all-black holster.
    StormRhydr likes this.

VIP Member
    I bought a popular name brand/quality holster recently, it has zero ID information on it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    I did think about the sharpie or marker but did not want it to stain me or my clothes . Also i was thinking about a dremmel tool if it would engrave the leather .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

We have a set of letter/number stamps at work. They look like a small chisel or center punch, only with a letter or number at the end. You just put it against the leather and tap the end with a hammer and it permanently embosses the leather. I mark my homemade holsters this way.

Professional 36pc Letter & Number Stamp Punch Set 1/8" 3mm Hardened Steel - Metal, Wood, Leather - Amazon.com
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    I was talking with my dad and and found out he had a large variety of leather stamps and i have already stamped 1 holster and it looks and works great . So if you want or need to mark your leather the stamps get a thumbs up from me .

I just thought i would update .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Links