Looking for a single clip kydex IWB

This is a discussion on Looking for a single clip kydex IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for recommendation for a kydex IWB holster with a fairly wide clip (for stability). Also looking for a decent lead time. I know that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looking for a single clip kydex IWB

Looking for recommendation for a kydex IWB holster with a fairly wide clip (for stability). Also looking for a decent lead time. I know that PJ holsters is a fairly popular brand but they are currently running a 10 week lead time. I would like to get something in a few weeks. What do you recommend?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    This one has leather loops, not clips, but is the only kydex IWB I recommend:
    Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster
    Kennydale likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

MTAC by Comp-Tac. Wear one everyday and love. Check the website it tells you the lead time, normally 2 - 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    This one has leather loops, not clips, but is the only kydex IWB I recommend:
    Ohio Special IWB - MidWorld Holster
    Sorry, I forgot to say that I am looking for a single clip design.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    MTAC by Comp-Tac. Wear one everyday and love. Check the website it tells you the lead time, normally 2 - 3 days.
    The MTAC is a hybrid kydex/leather holster. Don't get me wrong, they make a great holster. I'm wearing mine right now :) I'm looking for a quick easy off/easy on option though. Also looking to try something a bit less bulky.

VIP Member
    I really dig my FoxX Holster: Home Great poduct...good price...great customer service. Check 'em out.
    brandont and chefjay like this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Blade tech makes a couple and they seem nice. They are pretty thin as well however I dont personally own one.

I carry my Glocks IWB in Raven Concealment Systems Kydex holsters. I have a standard "Phantom" that I use for my G19 (and 26) if carried slick and a "Phantom LC" for carrying my G19 with light attached. I use their soft loops instead of clips. They have quick ship holsters available for quite a few popular models. I love mine and they also have great customer service. Speaking of RCS, I need to order one in Coyote Brown sometime soon....

Edit: Disregard. Just saw you were looking for a single clip.

VIP Member
    First I am going to answer with something that isn't what you asked for- but the video that is on the linked page shows that it is a super each on/off design and likely would do what you need it to do and work better than the single clip kydex designs.

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS - THE COLOMBIAN

If you insist on a single clip kydex design the best I have found is the Galco Triton.

Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I use a Galco Triton holster everyday. They are inexpensive and great quality.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Rollo I cannot recommend this holster enough! It has been perfect for my PPS. I used to carry it with the single clip but I now have loops for it. You can also add/remove the strut that comes with it. The CompTac Infidel:

Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster

Infidel-new-clip-w-ctac-str.jpg
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I could not find one for my Shield that I was happy with so I had a friend make one for me. I ordered a sheet of Holstex and a Comp-Tac infidel clip. It is my Holy Grail of holsters. Light, thin, easy to conceal, go retainment, and easy to take off and on discreetly.

Rollo likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    First I am going to answer with something that isn't what you asked for- but the video that is on the linked page shows that it is a super each on/off design and likely would do what you need it to do and work better than the single clip kydex designs.

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS - THE COLOMBIAN

If you insist on a single clip kydex design the best I have found is the Galco Triton.

Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster
    I can see how The Colmbian is easy off but I don't think having to thread loops under your belt and then snap them is very easy off. That iss is exacerbated if you carry behind your hip and your have to twist at the torso to try to see what your doing when you rputting the holster on. The reason I want the clip is because you just slide it in your pants and your done.

I really like that! Very minimal. Unfortunately, I can't buy one lol :)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    I could not find one for my Shield that I was happy with so I had a friend make one for me. I ordered a sheet of Holstex and a Comp-Tac infidel clip. It is my Holy Grail of holsters. Light, thin, easy to conceal, go retainment, and easy to take off and on discreetly.

I have the Foxx Trapp. All kydex, single kydex clip, $44 with free shipping. I ordered on a Thursday night after business hours, it shipped Friday and received my holster Monday. Customer service is fantastic . Return policy is great. But, it's worth mentioning, the kydex edges aren't as well finished as some other more expensive holsters, but it's not at all sharp.
    Last edited by jenatron; October 3rd, 2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: additional comment
    chefjay likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links