Tried a new Bodyband Holster and Impressed!!

This is a discussion on Tried a new Bodyband Holster and Impressed!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good afternoon Group, I wanted to share with everyone a new bodyband holster I came across called the " Comfort Air Bodyband Holster " by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tried a new Bodyband Holster and Impressed!!

Good afternoon Group, I wanted to share with everyone a new bodyband holster I came across called the " Comfort Air Bodyband Holster " by Telor Tactical in Appling, Ga. Their website is Tactical Gun Holsters, Gear & Accessories | Telor Tactical . I have been wearing mine now for about 3 days---all day, and so far it is FANTASTIC!!! It is nice and cool, very light weight and best of all----- it does not roll. I walk on forearm crutches, as well as in a wheelchair, and when sitting it is so comfortable you forget that it is there. I have always used the Remora holsters and still do, but it is nice to have a holster that will keep the gun at the body, and not have to worry when going to the restroom as to where do I put the gun, or worse, forgetting it's there and it falling out. I have tried other's and they are ok---but as we all know they tend to be hot to wear and worse, they roll!! They have several other products as well so if you want an alternative to the typical bodyband holster you need to go to their website and check them out---they have a video that briefly demo's the holster and the owners are easy to get in touch with---- David and his wife Terri

I might have to give this a try. I just posted a few days ago looking for a holster I could use with sweats or shorts while walking the dog. This looks like what I was looking for. And for the price if it doesn't work no big loss.
    BenGoodLuck and ArmyCop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner54 View Post
    Good afternoon Group, I wanted to share with everyone a new bodyband holster I came across called the " Comfort Air Bodyband Holster " by Telor Tactical in Appling, Ga. Their website is Tactical Gun Holsters, Gear & Accessories | Telor Tactical . I have been wearing mine now for about 3 days---all day, and so far it is FANTASTIC!!! It is nice and cool, very light weight and best of all----- it does not roll. I walk on forearm crutches, as well as in a wheelchair, and when sitting it is so comfortable you forget that it is there. I have always used the Remora holsters and still do, but it is nice to have a holster that will keep the gun at the body, and not have to worry when going to the restroom as to where do I put the gun, or worse, forgetting it's there and it falling out. I have tried other's and they are ok---but as we all know they tend to be hot to wear and worse, they roll!! They have several other products as well so if you want an alternative to the typical bodyband holster you need to go to their website and check them out---they have a video that briefly demo's the holster and the owners are easy to get in touch with---- David and his wife Terri
    Trying to navigate the site from my mobile...have you seen/or have any more pics worn higher? i can only see 1 on the website.thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ArmyCop likes this.

My wife and I have the Comfort Air Bodyband for a Bodyguard 380 and it's fantastic. By far the most comfortable carry method ever. Telor hit it out of the park with this one, excellent comfort, concealability, it's a very breathable type material, the firearm stays put. My wife and I highly recommend Telor Tactical products.
    TheBoss_512 and navajoRN like this.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    My wife and I have the Comfort Air Bodyband for a Bodyguard 380 and it's fantastic. By far the most comfortable carry method ever. Telor hit it out of the park with this one, excellent comfort, concealability, it's a very breathable type material, the firearm stays put. My wife and I highly recommend Telor Tactical products.
    They should give you guys a commission, I just ordered one.
    navajoRN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    They should give you guys a commission, I just ordered one.
    Your going to love it. They don't owe me anything I just like supporting a great American made product. Especially one as good as this. Also love our Remora holsters as well.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Resurrecting a dead thread here, yet have been considering a belly band alternative to j-frame pocket carry. I find pocket carry kinda' cumbersome after restroom visits or re-tucking my shirt tail. If I do buy a belly band, this appears to be a fine, domestically-made product from a reputable outfit. And yes, I like well-made pocket holsters as well. Yet, by definition, one CAN get caught with one's...pants down.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Resurrecting a dead thread here, yet have been considering a belly band alternative to j-frame pocket carry. I find pocket carry kinda' cumbersome after restroom visits or re-tucking my shirt tail. If I do buy a belly band, this appears to be a fine, domestically-made product from a reputable outfit. And yes, I like well-made pocket holsters as well. Yet, by definition, one CAN get caught with one's...pants down.
    I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm thinking of getting it:

CrossBreed® Holsters Modular Belly Band

I often wear a belly band I bought from the Glock Store (The Original Belly Band Made in USA) and I recently took the kydex portion of an AlienGear Cloak Tuck and attached it via the AlienGear's hardware to the belly band. It seemed to work very nicely, but I was concerned that the belly band would tear wear the hardware attaches.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss_512 View Post
    Trying to navigate the site from my mobile...have you seen/or have any more pics worn higher? i can only see 1 on the website.thanks for sharing!
    Here are some more pics from the website:

navajoRN likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

A timely post. I might get one, too. I want a rig for my LCR to leave in my truck. It's impractical to CCW at work but I'd like something I could slip on if I have stops to make on the way home. Since I'm a chef I wear chefs pant which are a bit like scrubs, no belt loops.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Looks like a slick product. How would it work in the summer in a hot environment? Would the gun get soaking wet or stay dry?

I have one of these that I modified

My situation
    1) I carry legally but must carry discreetly because my colleagues would doubtless freak out.
    2) I stand in front of groups of people. A visible clip is NOT acceptable
    3) My carry guns are a Ruger LCP and a Sig P238.

I was using a Remora that I'd made some mods to:
    1) I put two vertical slits through it
    2) and made a cotton web belt to slip through the slits
    Thus I had a complete belt and holster system that fit entirely within my pants, nothing showing at all, the gun held with just the grip above the belt line. VERY discreet yet quick as anything can be in that situation.

Then I saw a post about this holster and ordered one. I wore it just like the above diy system.

I immediately liked it, but I had a couple of issues.
    1) The belt has a very soft foam liner (encased in the material) and though it's only 1/8" or so thick it added noticeably to my waist (as if I'd gained 10 pounds) which made some of my pants tighter.
    2) I felt a little "encased", that is conscious of being wrapped up.

So I made a modification.
    1) The original band is about 6" wide.
    2) I narrowed it to about 3" wide, except near the holster itself, where I left it full width.
    Now it is very comfortable and I don't feel 'wrapped up'. I'm sure it would not work as a bodyband anymore but I don't care about that.

Other thoughts
    1) quality- it's good, but nothing fantastic.
    2) the holster portion is soft material (neoprene like) which makes it work well with a variety of similar sized pistols. Both my LCP and my P238 fit fine.
    3) because the holster is soft, then by itself it is not going to protect your trigger or an external safety

So to sum up
    1) if you want a completely invisible holster system (no clip)
    2) that is very comfortable
    I think this works very well.
    KeithC. likes this.

I also have a Telor Comfort-Air Bodyband Holster for my j-frame, again HIGHLY recommend it.

Got to try it out tonight at Adventure Outdoors. Wonderful way to carry! The only drawback is that the trigger is vulnerable on a striker fired weapon. The safety on the Shield is fairly stiff and low profile so it would be safe on. Other guns not so sure.

I wonder if I could get a trigger guard anchored in this thing somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithC. View Post
    Got to try it out tonight at Adventure Outdoors. Wonderful way to carry! The only drawback is that the trigger is vulnerable on a striker fired weapon. The safety on the Shield is fairly stiff and low profile so it would be safe on. Other guns not so sure.

I wonder if I could get a trigger guard anchored in this thing somehow?
    what they should do is offer a detachable holster, velcro attached. in various forms such as
    1) remora style
    2) 1 side kydex, other side some semi-hard like leather

would truly be the best of both worlds. You could change holster without changing belt, set angle exactly the way you want it, etc.

If I could handle another side business, I'd do just that. But I'm already full up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links