Stealth Gear USA - Onyx IWB Holster

This is a discussion on Stealth Gear USA - Onyx IWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's up with that company? I heard great things about their holster so I ordered one (despite the high price tag). That was in mid ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stealth Gear USA - Onyx IWB Holster

What's up with that company? I heard great things about their holster so I ordered one (despite the high price tag). That was in mid September and I have heard zilch from them since. Their website says they are experiencing a lot of orders but to not receive an email response when I make an inquiry just seems unprofessional and makes me worry about what I'm getting.

If you paid with a credit card I would cancel payment. I don't tolerate poor cudtomer service

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I almost ordered from them as well, but the $100.00 price tag prompted me to look elsewhere and hopefully found one that I'll like for half the price. They got nothing but great reviews from the people that directed me their way though. If I were you, I'd send another email just to make sure it wasn't a one time mistake. It happens.

I heard from them today (maybe posting here helped?). Anyway, they did get back to me and let me know they are experiencing a lot of orders. I'm going to hang in there as I've heard the holster is worth the wait and the price.

Awesome! Let us know what you think when you get it.

Thought I would update the thread. I still haven't received the Onyx. I sent them another email and didn't hear back and tonight I messaged them through their website. I ordered this thing 9/19. Still waiting for a response but if i don't have the damn holster by the end of the month or if I don't get a definite date to have it I think I'm going to cancel payment through my credit card company. I want to give them every chance but come on, I paid almost $100 and it's been over 2 months.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by constablejones View Post
    Thought I would update the thread. I still haven't received the Onyx. I sent them another email and didn't hear back and tonight I messaged them through their website. I ordered this thing 9/19. Still waiting for a response but if i don't have the damn holster by the end of the month or if I don't get a definite date to have it I think I'm going to cancel payment through my credit card company. I want to give them every chance but come on, I paid almost $100 and it's been over 2 months.
    Try contacting them via their facebook page. They seem to be pretty active on it (Recently posting a really funny picture showing that more people signed a petition to build a death star than signed up for obamacare, haha). Hopefully they can get it worked out for you.

-Clay

They emailed me tonight, saying it will ship next week. Facebook? No thanks. I dropped that in early 2012.
    Christopher67 and Kennydale like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by constablejones View Post
    They emailed me tonight, saying it will ship next week. Facebook? No thanks. I dropped that in early 2012.
    Can't blame you

I received shipping notice but . . . . it described the WRONG HOLSTER being shipped. I emailed them asking if that was just a typo. I really, really hope it was.

Thought I should post to let you know I finally received the holster today. It seems ok so far, though I haven't put it to much use yet. I will say i was a bit surprised that it came without any sort of instructional paper. I realize holsters are pretty simple but I've never worn one before, let alone an IWB holster. I expected a half sheet instructional paper or something but it was literally just by itself in a shipping bag (along with a couple stickers and an allen wrench). But whatever, I got it, all $95 of it, it just took exactly two months.
    Last edited by constablejones; November 19th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

Distinguished Member
    Pictures?
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

I am eagerly waiting for mine. I really hope it is an improvement over the IWB hybrid I have now. I guess I will get mine about time to be a Christmas present to myself.

Worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    I am eagerly waiting for mine. I really hope it is an improvement over the IWB hybrid I have now. I guess I will get mine about time to be a Christmas present to myself.
    I love mine. It is my constant companion. They are a pretty new company run by young guys. producing a great domestic made product. keep bugging them.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Pictures?
    image.jpegimage_1.jpeg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links