Galco Underwraps Bellyband:Hand-placement

This is a discussion on Galco Underwraps Bellyband:Hand-placement within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i just purchased a belly band for my SR9C,and was curious as to the angel i have to used to retrieve my gun.Ive never ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBoss_512
  • 1 Post By SWIll

Thread: Galco Underwraps Bellyband:Hand-placement

Galco Underwraps Bellyband:Hand-placement

So i just purchased a belly band for my SR9C,and was curious as to the angel i have to used to retrieve my gun.Ive never used a belly band,but have seen brands whose cant is neutral.it seems more natural for me to pull a gun that would have a barrel forward cant.I took a pic merely to show the angel at which i have to put my wrist.

Are there belly bands that have a cant that puts the barrel forward,and are there any advantages/disadvantages since im seeking this.

Also heres a pic of my SR9c in the belly band with scrubs on...you can hardly see it!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381176051.745836.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381176159.251535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I would say practice with it. Going to depend on factors like your body type, and what is comfortable.

Anything forward of your hip joints is something you can possible get to even if you are put on your back, if its behind your back and you fall on it, you might break your back, but besides that there are no real absolutes, it just depends.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

A neutral cant works well if you carry more appendix style, between your belly button (12 o'clock) and your right hip (3 o'clock). If behind your hip, I like some forward cant, up to 20 degrees. This will differ for everyone. Some experimentation on your part will help you decide which is more efficient for you. I believe Crossbreed makes a belly band where the cant is adjustable.
    TheBoss_512 likes this.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Quote Originally Posted by SWIll View Post
    A neutral cant works well if you carry more appendix style, between your belly button (12 o'clock) and your right hip (3 o'clock). If behind your hip, I like some forward cant, up to 20 degrees. This will differ for everyone. Some experimentation on your part will help you decide which is more efficient for you. I believe Crossbreed makes a belly band where the cant is adjustable.
    a friend has one of those for his shield...i hope go try it soon.

VIP Member
    sorry to do this, but angel is a heavenly creature usually depicted with white wings..........

I think you might get more responses if you asked about the ANGLE you are using
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    sorry to do this, but angel is a heavenly creature usually depicted with white wings..........

I think you might get more responses if you asked about the ANGLE you are using
    haha in my defense it was a really long day.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss_512 View Post
    haha in my defense it was a really long day.
    I can sure relate to that! I have to click on "edit" and fix more than half of the stuff I post here.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Links