Maternity carry Sig P238

Maternity carry Sig P238

This is a discussion on Maternity carry Sig P238 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I'm fairly new to the site and have found lots of great information on here. I'm looking for a good way to carry while ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Maternity carry Sig P238

Maternity carry Sig P238

Hi, I'm fairly new to the site and have found lots of great information on here. I'm looking for a good way to carry while I'm pregnant. I'm in maternity pants now, so that takes out a lot of options for IWB/OWB carry. I'd really like to try a shoulder holster- that doesn't need to connect to a belt (maternity pants don't have belt loops), so maybe with a lower back strap. But I've not been able to find a shoulder holster that fits my P238 that has good reviews. From what I've read on here and a few other sites, most people don't like shoulder holsters because they've tried a cheaper, nylon one, instead of a leather one. Any advice?

I'm also looking into getting a belly band- was thinking I could carry just under bra line with it, so any tips on what kind would be much appreciated.
    gatorbait51, Pachanga and Aceoky like this.

Pocket carry .Look at the crimson trace laser with holster pack. About 165 or less great holster and great laser. When I had one that is the only way I would carry it . I know wearing sweat pants etc I have no problem with it pulling it down . It is a heavier gun though . For someone who is pregger I think most other option would be uncomfortable .Though they do make a holster bra I know ( but I have never used one). I think it is called the flashbra or something like that .Also the remora IWB holster are cheap and are made for workout pants etc no hooks no metal just stick in place if you will .For me I only carry pocket or owb ( if iwb only remora). Also as a last resort look at holster purse they are made to be harder to snatch and have a holster for the gun in them .

And the problem with shoulder holster is that they take a bit more work when drawing not to muzzle yourself or such and they can be slower to draw. And they can wear on peope after a while . I would only use one driving and it would be the easist to draw. Also the sig 238 is all metal and heavier then some other 380 maybe try a lcp with grip wrap and low recoil 380 hydro shock rounds if the 238 does not work . Would weight noting and still get the job done. I have messed with many a pocket 380 , I know the 238 is my number one choice due to wight meaning less bounce but for deep carry I would go bodyguard 380 or lcp with grip wrap .

I have also had belly bands not sure how that would work so high up in terms of pulling it out . I know they make holster fitted shirts that have a holster under the arm pit but those are normal compression shirt so probably not commfy . The one I have is from a local az compnay it works but I never used it . Most of them are either unsival holster ones or like the crossbreed ones fitted for different holsters.

Happy to help how I can. Congrat on the baby . Nice to see you what to keep it and you safe :)

Oh yes and welcome from AZ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loverall View Post
    Hi, I'm fairly new to the site and have found lots of great information on here. I'm looking for a good way to carry while I'm pregnant. I'm in maternity pants now, so that takes out a lot of options for IWB/OWB carry. I'd really like to try a shoulder holster- that doesn't need to connect to a belt (maternity pants don't have belt loops), so maybe with a lower back strap. But I've not been able to find a shoulder holster that fits my P238 that has good reviews. From what I've read on here and a few other sites, most people don't like shoulder holsters because they've tried a cheaper, nylon one, instead of a leather one. Any advice?

I'm also looking into getting a belly band- was thinking I could carry just under bra line with it, so any tips on what kind would be much appreciated.
    You have a lot of options available. You can look at Looper holsters including the flash bang, Soteria Leather,Glaco make the Miami Classic shoulder rig or even Remora .
    Welcome mommy to be :-) The people here are ultra nice and they ultra helpful .

VIP Member
    Welcome to the DC forums!

You guys - close your eyes for the rest of this post. If you haven't been pregnant you really can't understand what is involved. Don't bash me for saying that - it's just one of those facts of life.

There are a couple belly band holsters that are a little softer and perhaps might work OK for you just under the bra. However, if you are carrying high it wouldn't be long before you would outgrow that option. As far as I know, bra holsters only work with mouse guns, and there are other problems involved there also. I love my Remora, but that means you have to have a place to tuck it - normally not maternity pants..............and ankle or thigh holsters only work if you can reach your ankle or thigh which can become impossible if you get very large.

I would hate to see you spend a lot of money that you will need for "baby stuff" for various holsters only to find that after a few weeks they don't work any longer for you. Each woman "grows" to a different size and carries in a unique way and you only know how your body is going to change as it actually happens.

Much as I dislike purse carry, you might consider this option for the next several months until you have your bundle of joy in your arms and get your shape back.

My very best wishes to you.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Wow, I'd never thought about that one - but I'm a guy, so I suppose that's normal. I have no great advice, just want to say welcome and good for you! I wish more women carried and were so dedicated to it - the daily news would be a lot less sad.
    loverall likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky!
    loverall and Aceoky like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

I don't mean to repeat the previous posters, but there are some good suggestions. Remora holsters don't require a belt, Looper Law Enforcement makes 2 different bra holsters depending on what you're looking for, and I've heard Undertech compression holster shorts recommended for maternity carry as well. And as a last resort, there is always purse carry. It's better than not carrying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Welcome to the DC forums!

You guys - close your eyes for the rest of this post. If you haven't been pregnant you really can't understand what is involved. Don't bash me for saying that - it's just one of those facts of life.

There are a couple belly band holsters that are a little softer and perhaps might work OK for you just under the bra. However, if you are carrying high it wouldn't be long before you would outgrow that option. As far as I know, bra holsters only work with mouse guns, and there are other problems involved there also. I love my Remora, but that means you have to have a place to tuck it - normally not maternity pants..............and ankle or thigh holsters only work if you can reach your ankle or thigh which can become impossible if you get very large.

I would hate to see you spend a lot of money that you will need for "baby stuff" for various holsters only to find that after a few weeks they don't work any longer for you. Each woman "grows" to a different size and carries in a unique way and you only know how your body is going to change as it actually happens.

Much as I dislike purse carry, you might consider this option for the next several months until you have your bundle of joy in your arms and get your shape back.

My very best wishes to you.
    Glad someone understands! But I am not comfortable with purse carry- too many places I would need to set it down.. my job often requires working events and I can't carry a bag with me. That's why I'd like to find the right shoulder holster. Appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    You have a lot of options available. You can look at Looper holsters including the flash bang, Soteria Leather,Glaco make the Miami Classic shoulder rig or even Remora .
    Welcome mommy to be :-) The people here are ultra nice and they ultra helpful .
    Thanks, I have looked at all the Galco made shoulder holsters, but they do not make them for the Sig P238. I have emailed Soteria Leather hoping they can give me some options. Was thinking if I find the right belly band, I could use it in place of a bra holster. Appreciate it!

Thanks for the suggestions. Would appreciate hearing from anyone that knows of a good shoulder holster that would work for my Sig P238. I love this gun, and am comfortable with it, so I don't want to switch guns. And I am grateful hearing about the reviews for the Remora, I plan on getting one after I deliver- I won't have a place to tuck it until then since maternity pants are so high. And I can't pocket carry, because women's pockets are just not big enough.
    Love all the advice and welcoming! Thanks all!

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    My wife is 20 weeks now, just took her CCW class and barely made it through with a belt holster and one of my gun belts. She doesn't have her permit yet but she's probably going to purse carry (undesirable as it is) once she gets her permit. I'm subscribing for other suggestions. Great thread topic!
    loverall and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loverall View Post
    Glad someone understands! But I am not comfortable with purse carry- too many places I would need to set it down.. my job often requires working events and I can't carry a bag with me. That's why I'd like to find the right shoulder holster. Appreciate the advice!
    Limatunes has a facebook page plus videos on You Tube showing holsters and how to safely carry a baby and wear a gun. One of her holsters is a shoulder holster. I don't "do" facebook, but if you have a facebook account perhaps you can find her page and see some of her videos. Here is the You Tube page with the video I saw a couple weeks ago - but now I would have to subscribe to view it:

Carrying a Gun and a Baby - YouTube

But it is excellent. If you see the shoulder holster she is wearing perhaps it would help you make a decision as to buying one that is good for now plus later.

OOPS - I just found her page here on these forums and it turns out she is a senior moderator. You could probably send her a PM and she could help you:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...limatunes.html

Best wishes
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; October 8th, 2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: msore information
    loverall likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Limatunes has a facebook page plus videos on You Tube showing holsters and how to safely carry a baby and wear a gun. One of her holsters is a shoulder holster. I don't "do" facebook, but if you have a facebook account perhaps you can find her page and see some of her videos. Here is the You Tube page with the video I saw a couple weeks ago - but now I would have to subscribe to view it:

Carrying a Gun and a Baby - YouTube

But it is excellent. If you see the shoulder holster she is wearing perhaps it would help you make a decision as to buying one that is good for now plus later.

OOPS - I just found her page here on these forums and it turns out she is a senior moderator. You could probably send her a PM and she could help you:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...limatunes.html

Best wishes
    Thank you! I've seen some of her videos, and will look again to find the one with the shoulder holster. Also sent her a message.

God bless!
    loverall likes this.

VIP Member
    When I was pregnant with our first child, I used a belly band. I'm normally a size small, but I went with either a L or XL. I wore mine down lower around the hips, so the butt of the gun would peek out over the pants just like where a normal IWB holster would be. It was comfortable and was not on tight, so no harm to baby. For the second baby, I carried a DeSantis "The Insider" holster and clipped it to my maternity pants, and it did just fine there. I wore maternity jeans that still had good elastic waistbands, so they weren't dragging down. Both times I carried lightweight J frames.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links