Minimalist OWB Kydex?

This is a discussion on Minimalist OWB Kydex? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a minimalist holster for my G19. I want a kydex holster that uses the least amount of material possible. I don't ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat
  • 2 Post By Sea Wolf

Thread: Minimalist OWB Kydex?

Minimalist OWB Kydex?

I am looking for a minimalist holster for my G19. I want a kydex holster that uses the least amount of material possible. I don't really like the ones that have the kydex totally surrounding the gun. Ideally the holster would be just slightly wider than the trigger guard. I can find a few that leave the bottom of the barrel open but none are what I would consider minimalist. I also like my guns to hug my belt really tight. I think the biggest reason for using so much material in these is that they are a bit loose on the belt. I could even live with one that was inside the belt. Kind of like you just used the belt itself as a holster. You get the picture right? Am I dreaming? Maybe kydex does not allow for this kind of thing to be viable?

2. Remove Ads

You mean something like this?

Basic Mag Carrier BMC

I don't know why that link says mag carrier. It is a holster.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    I can think of two that might fit your criteria.

X Concealment Slide holster

or

Blade Tech Partial Eclipse holster

I doubt you'll find anything much more 'minimalist' and still have the ability to adjust tension. A leather slide holster might trim a little size down, but it'll probably weigh a little more.

FWIW, I believe X Concealment is having a 30% off sale. I can probably find the email with the coupon code if you want it...
    StormRhydr likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

X-Concealment C slide. Very low profile and high quality. They also have a lifetime warranty.

Odessa FL, South Pasco County, Tampa Bay Area
    For your consideration:

The full-kydex BladeTech IWB that has carried my compact .45 for the past 6 years (and still as good as when new), might well 'fit'cher pistol'...But, know that mine has wear marks around the muzzle, and slightly down the slide too.

No matter for me, my .45 has never been a show n' tell piece...never was purty...basic black matte finish, but REAL functional.

However.. IF I were to carry a high end piece, with a nice nickel or bright blued finish, I'd have to consider one that would protect that finish better.

Best.. FLc
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law
    Politically Incorrect?...Maybe. Conformity Challenged?...Absolutely
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

mkh
    I loved my Galco MX7 Matrix M7X MATRIX: Holsters & Ammo Carriers: Matrix Series at Galco though I can't remember which gun I had it for.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I can think of two that might fit your criteria.

X Concealment Slide holster

or

Blade Tech Partial Eclipse holster

I doubt you'll find anything much more 'minimalist' and still have the ability to adjust tension. A leather slide holster might trim a little size down, but it'll probably weigh a little more.

FWIW, I believe X Concealment is having a 30% off sale. I can probably find the email with the coupon code if you want it...
    I have both of these holsters for a G26. Both are high quality. The X concealment does not bring the grip close to the body as well as the eclipse. So the eclipse is much easier for me to conceal without a large concealment garment.

I like both holster though.
    MM
    40Bob and TX expat like this.

Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths
    How's that for minimal? Reasonably priced, and custom made. M&P 40 FS, and 40c.
    (No I don't have anything to do with the company).
    IMG_0002-002.jpgIMG_0005-004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MarksmanCentral View Post
    I am looking for a minimalist holster for my G19. I want a kydex holster that uses the least amount of material possible. I don't really like the ones that have the kydex totally surrounding the gun. Ideally the holster would be just slightly wider than the trigger guard. I can find a few that leave the bottom of the barrel open but none are what I would consider minimalist. I also like my guns to hug my belt really tight. I think the biggest reason for using so much material in these is that they are a bit loose on the belt. I could even live with one that was inside the belt. Kind of like you just used the belt itself as a holster. You get the picture right? Am I dreaming? Maybe kydex does not allow for this kind of thing to be viable?
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

Sponsor
    Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths

They are in Fla, if you call them, tell Jim Brownie sent ya [ I get nothing for the referral, but he's a long time student of mine ]. Tell him what you're looking for and he will make it for you. He does all manner of custom to customers wants/needs.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I went ahead and picked one of these "Mag Carrier BMC" things up to try. At 25 bucks you cant really go wrong.

I am liking the Bladetech a lot. I think I will grab one. Thanks.

Here's an IWB I made but you could just reverse the pattern and put the clip on the other side for an OWB. Or try to find a Yaqui slide-type holster in leather. Actually, most of the gunstores sell the minimal OWB plastic slide type holsters now that I think of it. One of the ladies I work with bought me one for a 1911. It's just a real thin piece of plastic about 1.5" wide. Two snap type belt loops.

Kydex Kahr 1.jpg

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarksmanCentral View Post
    I am looking for a minimalist holster for my G19. I want a kydex holster that uses the least amount of material possible...Kind of like you just used the belt itself as a holster.
    There's nothing smaller than this:

Defensive Concealment - Trigger Thingy - Defensive Concealment

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    That's an interesting idea. Thanks for the link
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Links