Squeaky IWB Belt Clips

This is a discussion on Squeaky IWB Belt Clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a White Hat Maxtuck and the metal belt clips squeak against the leather backing when I walk. I have to cinch my belt ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chiefjason
  • 2 Post By AustinArmory
  • 1 Post By AustinArmory

Thread: Squeaky IWB Belt Clips

Squeaky IWB Belt Clips

I've got a White Hat Maxtuck and the metal belt clips squeak against the leather backing when I walk. I have to cinch my belt up pretty tight because the good Lord didn't see fit to give me a rump. My back just kinda goes all the way down. If I tuck my undershirt in between the clips and backing its fine but the back of the leather rubs me raw so I prefer to tuck my undershirt between the leather and me. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Talcum powder, candle wax, moleskin, or felt pads. Talcum and wax goes on the leather lightly. Felt pads or moleskin on the back of the clips.
    BeefyG likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

A little dab of clear shoe polish works too. It will eventually break in and stop the squeaking.
    foxytwo and BeefyG like this.

Squeaky IWB Belt Clips

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Talcum powder, candle wax, moleskin, or felt pads. Talcum and wax goes on the leather lightly. Felt pads or moleskin on the back of the clips.
    I also use talcum powder between the leather and the clip. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Sponsor
    Just curious, is it a horsehide leather backer?

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Just curious, is it a horsehide leather backer?
    Yup. I used to carry farther back around 4:30 or 5. I found it more comfortable and concealable when I moved to 3:00 but that is when the squeaking started.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    Yup. I used to carry farther back around 4:30 or 5. I found it more comfortable and concealable when I moved to 3:00 but that is when the squeaking started.
    I find that at 3, the hybrid holsters flex more (at least on my build) around the hip. So, I have noticed more squeaks at that position. Also, you probably broke it in at the 4 position and now the clips are rubbing on "new" leather because of the new position. The clips will change their orientation slightly based on where you carry.

YMMV.
    BeefyG likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Get used to it for now,it`l wear in and stop squeaking...It is a Man sound though.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinArmory View Post
    A little dab of clear shoe polish works too. It will eventually break in and stop the squeaking.
    This is what I have always used.

I had a similar issue with a Hidden Hybrid and a strip or two of electrical tape on the clip between the clip and leather worked for me. Quite like a ninja now...

I had some sticky Velcro strips laying around, so I put the soft side on the back of the clips. Hasn't squeaked since.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Thank you all for your replies. You've been a great help!

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    I had some sticky Velcro strips laying around, so I put the soft side on the back of the clips. Hasn't squeaked since.
    This always works for me.

Links