Wallets and IWB

Wallets and IWB

This is a discussion on Wallets and IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you guys do with you wallets? With my IWB holster in my pants I can no longer put my wallet in my right ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallets and IWB

Wallets and IWB

What do you guys do with you wallets?

With my IWB holster in my pants I can no longer put my wallet in my right rear pocket. It is really strange in the left rear pocket and hard to get out so I find myself with it always off of my body which worries me.

adapt my friend. I carry a moneyclip. It holds my credit and cash and is not the least bit bulky. I can carry it in my front pocket, which in my opinion is where your money and good name should be anyway.
    Attached Images
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

I carry similarly--I either have it in my left rear pocket or in an inside pocket of a jacket. When driving, I keep it on the center console by the gear shift (so not to forget it)--and if my lead foot gets too heavy and a LEO wants me to lighten it, I don't need to dig through pockets to get my DL.

My 2 cents

Bando...are you married? I know my wife wouldn't let me keep a $20.... much less, more than a few singles (she's still sore about a purchase I made--but hey, it came with two additional mags!)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Bando...are you married? I know my wife wouldn't let me keep a $20.... much less, more than a few singles (she's still sore about a purchase I made--but hey, it came with two additional mags!)
    she let me borrow $20 to snap that picture.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

I made the transition about a month ago.
    It still seems weird, but slowly getting used
    to it being on the left
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    adapt my friend. I carry a moneyclip. It holds my credit and cash and is not the least bit bulky. I can carry it in my front pocket, which in my opinion is where your money and good name should be anyway.
    Money clips work great. That what I started to put it in the front pocket when I started carring.

Works great and much less bulk.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I too, switched to the left side. It doesn't take long to get used to.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Lead Moderator
    there was a post a while back on this subject. If I remember right, most switched to the weak hand pocket for wallet carry. I have , and it works well once you get used to it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    My kahr does not even notice the wallet , but it was never an issue with me , even with a full size 1911 .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    +1 on the switch to the left side, and it didn't take but a couple of weeks to become habit, and now it's just like before the switch.

money clip? what's money? once a month I take this little paper with my name on it to the bank, and worse than a car wash vacum, it's sucked right out of my hands.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I don't carry yet (dropping off the application within the week), but I don't even use a money clip - just put my cash (what little I carry on me - gotta love debit cards) and cards (license, debit card, reserve ID if needed) in my front left pocket.

Also makes thing easier to keep an eye on - some very skilled pickpockets out there, especially when traveling.

If you carry weak side then there is less chance of flashing when you reach for your wallet. Also, if someone is holding you up you can reach strong hand for your "wallet"
    -Biker

I carry a full-sized 1911 at 3:00 (right side) in a Kydex IWB holster, and have for several years. I also carry my wallet in my right hip pocket, with no problem.

When I reach for my wallet, I just use my thumb to lift whatever concealment garment I’m wearing straight up. This exposes my wallet, but not my gun. I never have to sweep the garment back and reveal my gun in order to get the wallet. This works with an overshirt, a vest, a jacket, a sweatshirt, or whatever else I use to conceal my gun.

I’ve seen this topic discussed a number of times and have always wondered what all the fuss was about.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that is where he is." -- James Thurber

Senior Moderator
    Wallet weak side for Mtbikers reason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links