IWB for M&P 40c

This is a discussion on IWB for M&P 40c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I've been reading on here for a little while although this is my first post. My permit came in the mail the other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: IWB for M&P 40c

IWB for M&P 40c

Hey all,

I've been reading on here for a little while although this is my first post. My permit came in the mail the other day so I've actually started carrying now. For the time being I'm just using a Blackhawk softie until I make my mind up on a more permanent solution. I've seen a lot of praise about the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I pretty much had my mind made up until I came across the StealthGear USA Onyx IWB holster earlier on today. I was trying to find some reviews or anything but it seems like they are all by the same guy. Does anybody have any experience with this? If so would you recommend it? Thanks in advance for the forum and all that I've learned so far!

2. Remove Ads

I carry a M&P 40c as my EDC. I have several different IWB holsters, and have found the absolutely most comfortable to be the DeSantis Intruder. The Alien Gear is a close second for me. I know that doesn't answer your question posed, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Welcome to D-C !

No experience with that one, wife has a .40C and uses

Products | Ozarks Holster Company
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Awesome, thank you for the fast replies! I guess what I'm concerned about would be the leather on a humid summer day. How do yall get around that? Just wear an undershirt?

Yes, I always wear an undershirt anyway, but would certainly recommend it with a tuckable style IWB.

I carry in an Alien Gear IWB holster. It's the same style as Crossbreed but less expensive(but not cheaply made) and it has a much shorter wait time for it to be made. You can also trade out the kydex shell for free if you change your carry gun

I'm looking at Alien Gear right now and seems like a solid option, I also like the idea of how adjustable it is. Alex have you had any issues with it yet?

Foxx Holsters "little Foxx".... I have two and they are fantastic. I carry a ruger SR40C which is the same size as your MP40C and it is very comfortable, easy to take on and off, secure, and discreet. Another excellent holster if you want a hybrid style is SHTF Gear. I have four of their holsters and they are absolutely phenomenal. For the money, you cannot find a better holster anywhere.... and they are still less than a crossbreed with a much better lead time.... like 2 weeks vs 8 weeks better....

A note on the alien Gear.... the kydex or whatever they use is very very thick. I ordered one to try and sernt it back the same day. It was rather bulky and I just did not care for it. Other than that it seemed to be a quality product, but the point of concealed carry is discretion.....
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHen View Post
    I'm looking at Alien Gear right now and seems like a solid option, I also like the idea of how adjustable it is. Alex have you had any issues with it yet?
    No it's been great. I wear it at 3:00. I carry a fullsize Sig P250 9mm with the belt clips adjusted so it's canted as far forward as possible and it is really comfortable to wear. If I buy another carry gun I'm going to Alien Gear again.

Although one thing was that when I ordered they were in the process of moving into a larger shop so my order took a little longer than I had been hearing about, although it still only took 10 days to get. But they should be all moved and set up by now so that shouldn't be an issue.

Overall I am very pleased with the holster. It is very customizable as far as ride height and retention, and the price seems like it can't be beat.

VIP Member
    +1 on SHTF. Great holster, had mine in 5 days, great company, they truly GET customer service...

Crossbreed makes a fine holster, I just hated the 3 month wait....if you can find one used on eBay...
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Best $70.00 you'll ever spend.

Razor IWB Holster

I have two crossbreed holsters both are super tuck. I carry the m&pc and I am very happy with it fit is great. They have a 2 week return policy and a lifetime guarantee.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I like Comp-Tac CTAC holsters for IWB, especially with warm weather. I have one for my M&P 9c, fits great.
    redbird likes this.

VIP Member
    Tagua makes some great holsters.IMHO.
    Have one for my M&P.357 sigc. & a Sig Pro 2340 .357 sig.
    Have one for my 637 as well
    Also have a Desantis Cozy Partner which is not a clip, but an IWB with belt straps.
    Heres a link to Ebay for the Tagua's.

tagua holster | eBay

Here is a pic of the DeSantis, Mine is black.
    Tagua is brown for both the M&P and the 637

Link for the Tagua for M&P

Tagua IPH in The Pants Right Hand Black s w M P Compact Leather IPH 1005 | eBay

I don't worry about sweat too much.
    If the holsters I use get damaged from sweat/moisture, to the extent they need to be replaced, I'll replace them.
    They are not that expensive, and I DO NOT like the plastic/Crossbreed type holsters.
    Attached Images
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Wow I didn't realize there were so many options. It seems like most people are going for the hybrids. I like the idea of molded Kydex though.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Tagua makes some great holsters.IMHO.
    Have one for my M&P.357 sigc. & a Sig Pro 2340 .357 sig.
    Have one for my 637 as well
    Also have a Desantis Cozy Partner which is not a clip, but an IWB with belt straps.
    Heres a link to Ebay for the Tagua's.

tagua holster | eBay

Here is a pic of the DeSantis, Mine is black.
    Tagua is brown for both the M&P and the 637

Link for the Tagua for M&P

Tagua IPH in The Pants Right Hand Black s w M P Compact Leather IPH 1005 | eBay

I don't worry about sweat too much.
    If the holsters I use get damaged from sweat/moisture, to the extent they need to be replaced, I'll replace them.
    They are not that expensive, and I DO NOT like the plastic/Crossbreed type holsters.
    The only worry I have with that is probably a shallow one but I remember during my research coming across an article where the leather wore down to the point of hitting the trigger on a re-holster causing a ND. Is that just the by product of not taking care of your holster and using common sense?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links