I figured out gym carry

I figured out gym carry

This is a discussion on I figured out gym carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought a Galco Belly Band for my 27. I first tried appendix carry, that was an epic fail. Tried jogging with it and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stoveman

Thread: I figured out gym carry

I figured out gym carry

I recently bought a Galco Belly Band for my 27.
    I first tried appendix carry, that was an epic fail. Tried jogging with it and almost lost the gun.
    Next I tired the 1530-1600 area like I carry my Crossbreed.
    Perfect! It securely holds my pistol in place even when speed waddling.
    Not sure how it will work if using exercise equipment like a bench. However for cardiovascular it's winner!
    I wear UA compression shorts and the cut off the shirt so there is no issues of the holster rubbing my skin. Then shorts and a loose the shirt and I'm golden!
    I even used it while bowhuntin last week. I avoid wearing my camo around town on my way to the field so I'll wear sweats treated on cover scent. Works wonderful!
    Hopefully I'll lose weight and the appendix will work better. But it was more of my hip pushing the muzzle up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

VIP Member
    Glad someone has, ever since that Bruce Almighty movie I ....what? .......never mind......
    BadgerJ and Rattlehead like this.

I used to hit the gym on a regular basis while carrying, but the hour I went I would be surprised to see another person there so I didn't worry about it. I was carrying an XD in the XD holster. No probs. then again, I was in a gun friendly environment so I really didn't worry. Glad you found a good way to carry.

Don't be a good little victim!!

Semper Paratus et Armare
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    When i get inside of gym, i take my firearm and lay it in the bottom of a gym bag with my towel and a couple of other things.When i move from one machine to the next, i lay bag down beside me.I can't workout and carry a firearm on me.One thing i do like is,it's a private gym and because of having a keycard we can come and go like we want until midnight.No keycard no coming in,so i feel a little better since they do that.

A Smart Carry works good to Myself when at the gym just leave the gun locked in the gym locker but carry a blade in my gym shorts
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    John F. Kennedy

I put mine in a locker.There isn't any way i can have it on me while i work out.I don't want to have to worry about a gun on me while exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by lostone1413 View Post
    A Smart Carry works good to Myself when at the gym just leave the gun locked in the gym locker but carry a blade in my gym shorts
    I do this when I can't carry a pistol. I use a Esse Izula.

Yeah I'm not sure how it will work while weight training. However for Walking and light jogging it's good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
    Attached Images

I carry when I go to the gym. I don't do weight training or anything, mostly stick to the cardio machines.

I always wear a hoodie when I work out, so that helps a great deal with concealing the firearm.

I use a cheapo eBay OWB:

With my M&P9c or XDm 3.8 compact.

MJK
    My cardio last Sunday was a 12 mile run in Forest Park. G36 on board in a MountainSmith fanny pack the entire trip.

Thanks for your post...like having the details of what works in the gym!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Sponsored Links