Ruger SR40c- IWB issue

This is a discussion on Ruger SR40c- IWB issue within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a SR40 C for CCW. I currently carry a Colt Officers .45 in a Comp-Tac Minataur IWB. Love the holster. Went to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ruger SR40c- IWB issue

Question Ruger SR40c- IWB issue

I just bought a SR40 C for CCW. I currently carry a Colt Officers .45 in a Comp-Tac Minataur IWB. Love the holster. Went to order a shell from them but the only one listed was for a SR9c. I always thought the two pistols were the same dimensions. Not true. The SR40c is 1/10" longer. Also I tried putting it in a Backdog Kydex that I have for my SR9c. It kind of fits, but the indent at the top for the safety is lower. Mmm, guess it's different in other ways.
    Comp-Tac said they can make a custom shell that's open at the bottom for an additional $20. So now I would be up to $55 dollars for a new shell.
    Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

I carry mine in a Crossbreed Super Tuck made for the sr40c IWB and I really like it. I recommend the Combat cut.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem, but I'll add that when I contacted Foxx holsters to ask whether one of their products (which is only manufactured for the SR40c) would fit with my SR9c, the answer was a very clear "no".

I've been happy with my Old Faithful holster. $45.00 shipped and got it pretty quickly. I've had it for over a year and it's really comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I carry mine in a Crossbreed Super Tuck made for the sr40c IWB and I really like it. I recommend the Combat cut.

What he said , mine sits so comfortable don't no it's there .
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

If you for sure want to carry the SR40c in that same holster, then pay the $20. If you are open to another holster, try SHTF Gear.
    Kennydale likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
    I just bought a SR40 C for CCW. I currently carry a Colt Officers .45 in a Comp-Tac Minataur IWB. Love the holster. Went to order a shell from them but the only one listed was for a SR9c. I always thought the two pistols were the same dimensions. Not true. The SR40c is 1/10" longer. Also I tried putting it in a Backdog Kydex that I have for my SR9c. It kind of fits, but the indent at the top for the safety is lower. Mmm, guess it's different in other ways.
    Comp-Tac said they can make a custom shell that's open at the bottom for an additional $20. So now I would be up to $55 dollars for a new shell.
    Any suggestions?
    If the only difference is it's 1/10th of an inch longer I'd buy the Minataur shell for the SR9c, then do what Comp-tac would probably do for the additional $20 and that's take a dremel and cut the bottom out of the holster! Or....take a heatgun/hairdryer to it and heat the end until the longer pistol fits in it...that's how I made the one for my M&P40c fit my M&P40fs...and it's 3/4" longer...not less than 1/8th of an inch like yours.

Heat up the kydex on your holster with a hair dyer and mold it to the safety on you 40c. I have a Desantis Intruder for my MPs and my Ruger SR9c fits in it just fine.

I bought a used MTAC on eBay with the intention of getting a new shell for it to carry my sr9c. The MTAC has a shell on it for an xd45. After trying it out the sr9c fits perfectly in it, the only difference is there is some extra room on the barrel end (who cares), aside from that the fit, retention, and draw are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem, but I'll add that when I contacted Foxx holsters to ask whether one of their products (which is only manufactured for the SR40c) would fit with my SR9c, the answer was a very clear "no".
    They told me the same thing when I wanted to order a holster for my cw40 that they only carried for a cw9. I ordered the holster anyways thinking I could always mod it. The holster is a perfect fit.

The SR40C is also wider than the SR9C.

Alien gear makes a 40 c. They also have a trade in program. You can purchase a shell. Mine was at my door in 4 days for 41.63 in black.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

For 55 bucks I would just pickup a new holster from old faithful. The kit is less that 50 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

I second SHTF gear.... I too carry a SR40C as part of my EDC rotation. I have a SHTF gear holster for it, and it is my all day wear holster. Super comfortable, and quality is far above what the price would indicate. I also use a Foxx Holster "Little foxx" for quick trips. It is a single clip style holster but is a fantastic holster. As far as your holster being too long and not fitting the safety, remold it around the safety, and carfulkly trim off the excess holster and you are set.
    sioux565 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Try "Wright Leather Works" Banshee Holster, perfect for the sr40c.

http://www.wrightleatherworks.com/co...ee-iwb-holster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links