Holsters from gun manufacturers

This is a discussion on Holsters from gun manufacturers within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone every bought a holster for their gun from the gun manufacturer? I have a full size Px4 storm and was looking at a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joker1
  • 1 Post By BlackStallion29

Thread: Holsters from gun manufacturers

Holsters from gun manufacturers

Has anyone every bought a holster for their gun from the gun manufacturer? I have a full size Px4 storm and was looking at a holster on Beretta's website.

Deprecated Browser Error

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

That looks just like a couple of my Hybrid, Crossbreed, KingTuk holsters. It looks very nice.
    The price seems fair enough.
    Myself, I wouldn't hesitate a bit to grab that beauty. I like my Comp-Tac best, but this one is made for your sidearm.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I bought the GLOCK combat holster. I need to spend more time with it and get it broke in, but for $12.00 it was a good find. It is not my primary holster but is my only other holster for my GLOCK 19.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I bought the GLOCK combat holster. I need to spend more time with it and get it broke in, but for $12.00 it was a good find. It is not my primary holster but is my only other holster for my GLOCK 19.
    I've heard a lot of good reviews on that holster. Cheap and very functional - as long as you don't mind looking like a Power Ranger.

Hey! It's not that big and it's tactical black not rattle-can silver.

Jerk
    WHEC724 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Welcome to the forum!

Firearms manufacturers in general don't have a clue for CC holsters (if this is what you were asking mainly). Some have done well in the competition holster department, but for $12? Thinking that might not even buy a decent CC magazine holster. Just saying. One might think that who better to make a holster for a pistol than the manufacturer of the pistol? Thing is......some pistol manufacturers can make holsters for their pistols with little thought of making holsters for people. Pistols and people make CC. I doubt many pistol manufacturers have been real serious about offering, much less making a true concealed carry holster for their pistols. What they offer in the way of holsters is just an option in order to further their sales or take in some small percentage of the sales the aftermarket holster companies have. IMO, pistol manufacturers will never get into full swing of offering anything other than generic holsters for CC, and of course they are rather inexpensive. Sometimes these generic holsters do fit the needs of individuals very well. IMO, it's a small percentage that will actually employ them, and even then....most may just give it a go and move on to something better. Even I would test something interesting for $12 just to find out. Never know. I've never bought a pistol manufacturer's holster for anything. Times may be changing, but I guess I'm sort of set in my ways. Galco never made a pistol, and I figure Glock shouldn't be making holsters. For the very small percentage that actually buy a given name brand/model pistol and the associated holster (if offered by the OEM) and continually use that combination for carry...it's a good ordeal. I'd never want to be the party pooper.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    If it were me...no I wouldn't. I don't really have an explanation as to why I wouldn't, wait, yes I do...that thing would be a step closer to putting a true craftsman out of business. I'd rather have a holster that a person put his time and pride into making, not one that was most likely ran through a machine. JMO of course, you can do what you want.
    ginzo likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Links