What do you think of the Garrsion grip trigger 'block'

This is a discussion on What do you think of the Garrsion grip trigger 'block' within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quick Release Trigger Stays - Garrison Grip I got to looking at this for some of thous gun that can be carried with a pocket ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What do you think of the Garrsion grip trigger 'block'

What do you think of the Garrsion grip trigger 'block'

Quick Release Trigger Stays - Garrison Grip

I got to looking at this for some of thous gun that can be carried with a pocket clip ie lcp and the like. From the videos it seems like they can go out fast . To me seems like a good idea if you carry pocket clip .

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I use them with my LCR, but really, with the weight of the trigger it really isn't needed... I just carry deep concealed with it in the appendix position

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Not a fan of anything I have to stick inside the trigger guard that isn't my finger when I'm pulling the trigger.
    I'd rather use a "TC" trigger cover as a minimal holster design.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I tried a safety plug + clip draw years ago - I'll pass.

Not a fan, if I was going to go that route, I'd go with something like this: The "Guardian" Kydex Trigger Guard | Aegis ArmoryAegis Armory
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

I'd rather just use a proper holster. Looks like it would slow your draw and increase the potential to fumble your presentation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    CIBMike and Hoganbeg like this.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

Well, at least it looks like it is ambidextrous. If you insist on carrying sans holster, this might be a good option. I can see one advantage over the kydex trigger covers that rely on para cord to pull off...at close quarters, you might not be able to get the gun up to where the cover gets pulled off...this can be popped out at any angle.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    Bad bad, really bad idea.

Something could bump it off while in your pocket. Having to fiddle around inside the trigger guard to put it in place, invites an ND. Also now you have to fiddle around with removing it after your draw and your fine motor skills are gone from the adrenaline.

That's a lot of risk to take on, just trying to avoid using a pocket holster that protects the trigger.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I can see one advantage over the kydex trigger covers that rely on para cord to pull off...at close quarters, you might not be able to get the gun up to where the cover gets pulled off...this can be popped out at any angle.
    True, IF you leave the cord too long, you can always shorten the cord to the point where the guard will come off when the barrel clears your waistband (or very shortly there after), functionally it would be just aboout the same as clearing any holster.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    True, IF you leave the cord too long, you can always shorten the cord to the point where the guard will come off when the barrel clears your waistband (or very shortly there after), functionally it would be just aboout the same as clearing any holster.
    Except that no decent holster requires you to fidle around inside the trigger guard to "re-holster" the firearm. That's the real rub with this.

A proper fitting holster works......the end.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Looks like an answer to a question no one asked.

I really don't want to be sticking a finger inside the trigger guard to do anything but work the trigger.
    pittypat21 and rocky like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I, too, would only go with a properly fitting holster. A good holster in good condition should make it very difficult to accidentally or negligently discharge the firearm. Should I ever need my firearm, I want it at the ready as soon as possible.

I have not tried this device, but it would appear to require much more manipulation than, say, releasing the safety on the draw stroke of a 1911, an action that is also done with the thumb and not with the trigger finger.

This device may have its place (e.g., when with a group at a range, instructing, etc.), but, in my opinion, that place is not in the self defense carry role.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I don't even like safties on my guns. Seem a bad idea to me that I am going to have to draw my weapon and then push something out from behind my trigger before I can fire it all while my gross motor skills have just about disappeared. This is my oppenion. And what I say about oppenions, they are like buttholes everybody has them but some stink worse than others.The decision is yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links