Blade-Tech Nano IWB

Blade-Tech Nano IWB

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Nano IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought me a Glock 19 and was looking for a nice little Kydex IWB holster that didn't cost a lot. I found a ...

Blade-Tech Nano IWB

I just bought me a Glock 19 and was looking for a nice little Kydex IWB holster that didn't cost a lot. I found a Blade-Tech Nano for about $50 and jumped on it. I am wanting to carry appendix IWB. I have been eyeing the Dale Fricke Arch Angel for a while, but didn't want to spend the money right now. I decided to give the Blade-Tech a try. If it didn't work AIWB, then I would adjust the straps and carry it at 4 O'clock. Then order the Dale Fricke. So far, I like it. I have carried it at 4 O'clock with the straps offset. I have walked around the house wearing it AIWB and it feels great. The guns tends to sit a little high, but it seems to work for me. I will give a few days and make a final call on it, but for now, it seems like a good fit for me. This is my first Blade-Tech holster, but so far I am pleased and may look into an OWB as well.

VIP Member
    I've been carrying AIWB with a Nano for a good while now (G19 or G26). Get some velcro and some foam and add a wedge to the lower area that faces you and it'll do a better job of keeping the grip area in close to your torso. After I added that modification, I've been very happy with the Nano.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I have this owb holster for my g19 but this also have two attachment one is the padder and the other I can put it on my belt.
    Holsters | Blade Tech Gun Holsters | Knives and Tactical Gear
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

For OWB, my favorite choice is a Blackhawk Serpa. I like the retention button.

And I have decided that the Nano is just not good for AIWB. It rides too high and prints badly. On the other hand, it makes a great 4-5 O'clock position IWB. For this, I love it. And so I am just going to have to continue to carry my S&W 638 in my pocket. Until I can order a Dale Fricke Archangel and wait 2-3 months to get it.

Distinguished Member
    Don't be surprised when you find the archangel sits just as high. They sit high on purpose so you can get a "combat grip" on the gun when drawing. I've had to modify mine to sit a tad lower. So far I've found the really good AIWB holsters ride a little too high. Really wish someone would come out with one's that are height adjustable.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

If you want a quality AIWB holster, get a JM Custom Kydex.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    For OWB, my favorite choice is a Blackhawk Serpa. I like the retention button.

And I have decided that the Nano is just not good for AIWB. It rides too high and prints badly. On the other hand, it makes a great 4-5 O'clock position IWB. For this, I love it. And so I am just going to have to continue to carry my S&W 638 in my pocket. Until I can order a Dale Fricke Archangel and wait 2-3 months to get it.
    I would do some more research on the Dale Frike before you drop the cash on it; you won't find it much different than the Nano and with a wedge in place, I doubt there is any discernable printing difference between the two. The ride height is going to be very similar.

As someone else mentioned, JM Custom Kydex or The Shaggy would probaby be better bets if that's how you feel about the Nano.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    If you want a quality AIWB holster, get a JM Custom Kydex.
    This is probably on the top of my list right now.

That's what I use. After a bunch of research, I figured out that if it doesn't have any grip tucking features, you're wasting your money if you want to carry AIWB.

I have two Nano's. One each for the 4'' and the 5'' 1911's. Not sure, but I think there over three + years old. They do good out here in the heat.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

With a IWB holster like that, is feeling the entire gun being pressed against a small part of your body not uncomfortable? Ive only ever carried with a hybrid style, and the weight and pressure being distributed out is great. Id love to try a holster like this, but have always been hesitant because of this concern.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    With a IWB holster like that, is feeling the entire gun being pressed against a small part of your body not uncomfortable? Ive only ever carried with a hybrid style, and the weight and pressure being distributed out is great. Id love to try a holster like this, but have always been hesitant because of this concern.
    I don't believe it's any less comfortable. I guess it might depend on how tight you wear it and your physical size, but it's not uncomfortable to me. In carried in a hybrid for a while and I found all the leather somewhat uncomfortable, at least during the warmer times.
    NRA Life Member

I agree. It really is a personal preference. I have tried the hybrids and hate them. I like thin kydex. My belt is only tight enough to keep my pants from falling down. I find it very comfortable. My first real holster years ago was a FIST Inc. K3 kydex IWB holster for a Taurus PT-140. I have carried this way ever since, that is if I am trying to conceal. Otherwise I prefer OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa Paddle Holster.

HarWell Clip n Go. AIWB. I love this holster.

Links