beltman problem

beltman problem

This is a discussion on beltman problem within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received a new beltman belt and its a perfect fit. However, the combination with the stiff belt and stiff desantis holster i have causes ...

Thread: beltman problem

beltman problem

Just received a new beltman belt and its a perfect fit. However, the combination with the stiff belt and stiff desantis holster i have causes the belt to warp slightly while pinching the holster. I am having problems re holstering the handgun. Anyone have a solution for this?

Is it possible to get a photo of your rig so we might see the actual problem ?
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

I have well- moistened a holster, on several occasions, mostly where needed and put the sidearm in a plastic bag and inserted it into the holster, letting it hang with the belt in 2-3 positions for a few days.
    Sometimes it may need to be repeated.
    First, make certain you have the right holster/belt and that, you do not wish to return them. Had I paid for mine, I'd have returned it, immediately.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by pzacch05 View Post
    Just received a new beltman belt and its a perfect fit. However, the combination with the stiff belt and stiff desantis holster i have causes the belt to warp slightly while pinching the holster. I am having problems re holstering the handgun. Anyone have a solution for this?
    Strange, that it's inducing problems in actually holstering up/down.

Have two of the BeltMan 1.5" double bullhide belts, myself, both with the 1.25" taper out front. Both conformed to my shape and the holsterd gun after a few weeks, sure. But neither was so much that it failed to easily work with the belt slide holster. Keep in mind, as well, that not all belts are stiff as steel. Good thing, too, as this is one of the things that helps the BeltMan belts be (a) stiff enough to matter yet remain (b) soft enough to be comfortable with even heavy/large carry. And, not all holsters have even a bit of play in their belt slits. I've had a couple holsters that were significantly tighter, yes, though most all have been fine.

If it's truly horribly deformed, particularly if you've got other holsters that now fail on this belt but where all holsters work fine on your other belts, then by all means speak with BeltMan to discuss. Can't say as I've ever had a problem, across three different belts of theirs (2 1.5" 'gun' belts, and 1 1.25" 'dress' belt).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Not really unusual actually. Most holsters are made with a near 50/50 mold front and back. With 50% of the gun molded on the back it provides something for the belt to push against and can close up the mouth of the holster. Maybe not completely, but enough to obstruct re holstering.

If I had to guess, I would imagine wearing it and breaking the holster/belt combination in would help a lot.

Take a really good look at where the belt and belt slot meet in this pic. This is my personal rig, and it's actually flat backed. No mold on the back. And the belt is a single layer, 15 oz leather, gun belt. This was the first day wearing it, and they are not broken in to each other. Right now, that holster is laying on my dresser and I have to put it front side down because it looks like a C from breaking in and the belt slot are formed now so that the holster rides right up against my belt instead of standing off of it.

My advice, wear them as much as possible and let them break in.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Its leather both holster and belt and it will give and form after a while but I do see where the belt and holster are fighting each other at the rear there

Like all things leather if you simply bend and work the stiff places that need to soften up a bit to conform by hand it will speed the process up considerably.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Not really unusual actually. Most holsters are made with a near 50/50 mold front and back. With 50% of the gun molded on the back it provides something for the belt to push against and can close up the mouth of the holster. Maybe not completely, but enough to obstruct re holstering.
    We're in agreement, I think.

What I meant was, the distinction between having "trouble" moving the holster along the belt and the belt actually doing it's job. As you point out, it's by design these things are made to "stick" on the belt once cinched down. And, as it's leather, there is going to be some variation from holster to holster as to how tightly they hold on to the belt. Belt stiffness can vary that, yes. But, in the end the holster is supposed to hang on strongly, so it won't slide around out of place.

Ditto on the suggestion: break it in for a few weeks, then reevaluate. Might just be that your given holster just has a bit more "bite" along the slots than some (which isn't that surprising), and that your prior belt doesn't have anywhere near the strength of this new belt. Not a problem so much as a feature, of this new belt.

From an earlier thread you'd posted ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pzacch05 View Post
    title says it all. considering a beltman belt with stiffener or a kydex lined belt like blade-tech or comp tac. all advice/suggestions appreciated.
    PZ: Just to be clear, when you ordered the belt did it include the internal stiffener?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You have an excellent leather rig. With use, it will conform to your body and function beautifully.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    We gotta know what kind of holster you have.
    IWB?
    OWB.
    Belt slide?
    Snap loop?
    Clips?.Pics of holster would be very helpful.

If it is an IWB, it will naturally be a bit more difficult to re holster.
    If you have an OWB, like shown in chiefjason's post #5 is the belt on the correct side of the holster?

Lots of factors we need to know.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Many times I see some people trying to keep holster between loops which can cause it to pinch, have the holster cover one of the pant loops so it can stretch out.

Links