OWB Question

OWB Question

This is a discussion on OWB Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Several years ago i asked Little Bear Holsters to custom make an OWB holster for my HK P30. I also wanted enough room to attach ...

Thread: OWB Question

Distinguished Member

OWB Question

Several years ago i asked Little Bear Holsters to custom make an OWB holster for my HK P30. I also wanted enough room to attach a Streamlight to it. I also asked him to specifically make the belt go outside the holster, not behind it. I was getting tired of name brand OWB's wilting and tilting to the outside, making it obvious if you were wearing a light jacket or sweater that you were carrying.

It was perfect! The gun was snug against my side and never a problem with drawing. Now I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this style of holster. I sure have not seen any others. Dave has had health issues and had to close down Little Bear for now, otherwise I would just go with him.

I'll try and post some pics tomorrow to show how it looks.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    Never heard of it, but sounds like a good idea.

Good luck!

Not sure if it is what your after but the High Ride OWB from Old Faithful Holsters could probably be worn that way. "Quick Assemble Kits" run ~$40 and require about 12 minutes worth or work.

Honestly I carry a soft sided iwb holster with single clip that way in winter at times. It works very well retention is good draw is not hindered at all. I mostly do that if Im having trouble with kidney stones which I sometimes do which makes my whole side feel bruised. Getting the firearm outside the waistband of my pants helps which led me to see if that would work and it did very well.

A shoulder holster would have also but when I take of my coat its out in the open. This way a sweat shirt or anything that would cover a OWB holster covers the IWB worn that way quite well.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member
    Can't believe it, but I just found this link five minutes ago. A little rich for me, plus I like a broader coverage, but you get the idea.

Rosen Product Line

It's called, "Between the waistline and belt"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Sponsor
    Most of my designs can be worn either IWB or "UTB"(Under The Belt). Most slider style OWB holsters can be worn UTB as well though you may have to skip a belt loop, depending on the desired carry position.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Most of my designs can be worn either IWB or "UTB"(Under The Belt). Most slider style OWB holsters can be worn UTB as well though you may have to skip a belt loop, depending on the desired carry position.
    And your website?

Sponsored Links