Defensive Carry banner

Galco Scout

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
I just picked up a Galco Scout holster for my S&W 649 Bodyguard. Very nice and very comfortable holster. This is my first J hook style holster and I find it to be quite secure. I had heard some negative feedback about J hooks, but so far I like this one. Great holster.

#2 ·
I have a Glaco Scout for my full size Kimber Custom TLE. I guess I like "okay" when it stays hooked. The problem I have had with it is that when I wear i with my Wilderness 5-stitch belt, the J hook, unhooks. Now I rarely wear it. I just don't want to find out it has unhooked when I need to draw it during a bad situation. It is also a bit vertical for me. A 1911 really needs a bit of a cant to make the grip disappear into your side. Now that I think of it, that may be the unhooking problem. I constantly move it to keep the grip in the correct place which is not the way the holster is designed.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.