Alternative to Galco concealable holster

This is a discussion on Alternative to Galco concealable holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a good alternative to this CONCEALABLE BELT HOLSTER: Holsters & Ammo Carriers: Belt Holsters at Galco . I would order this ...

I am looking for a good alternative to this CONCEALABLE BELT HOLSTER: Holsters & Ammo Carriers: Belt Holsters at Galco. I would order this one but Galco doesn't make a left handed version for my gun, S&W M&P9c. I am looking for one that has all the molding on the outside of the holster like the Galco as I feel it would conceal better. Any help on another company that makes one similar is appreciated. I am not looking for a cheap holster. But I have looked at several sites, Tucker, Brigade, Lobe, El Paso and didn't see any that looked like they were molded all on the outside leather.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Love those holsters, I have 2. My wife's a lefty so we go through this with her. Good luck! As an alternative, my 9c carries and conceals very similarly in a Comp-Tac Minotaur gladiator. Might be worth a look.

Posting from my phone, I blame all typos on Swype.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    you may want to consider these points before you go with something like that Questions

Mitch offers an offset molded holster, the 5JR PRESIDENT http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_li...ress_line.html
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I had the same problem - love the Galco Concealable I have for my J-frame revolver, but Galco wasn't offering it for the Shield.

I ended up buying from UBG (UBG Holsters)... Phaetos model:
    IMG_0076.jpg

I'm very satisfied. I believe the quality is comparable to the Concealable (absent the double-stitching) and the cost is much lower. The main drawback was having to wait 2 months to receive it, but that's pretty standard for a hand-made, made-to-order holster.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I ordered my High Ride from Tauris Holster. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with the owner, Mike. He answered all the questions I had and helped me pick out the best holster for what I'd be using it for. Got it in about 2 weeks and the fit and finish are awesome, also ordered the matching mag carrier and a gun belt.

Links