Springfield Xds .45 IWB holster

This is a discussion on Springfield Xds .45 IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Springfield Xds . 45 ACP for my conceal carry weapon. I am looking for a nicer IWB holster for it. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Springfield Xds .45 IWB holster

Springfield Xds .45 IWB holster

I have a Springfield Xds . 45 ACP for my conceal carry weapon. I am looking for a nicer IWB holster for it. I have been looking at the IWB hipholsters on oldfaithfulholsters.com. Does anyone have any experience with their Kydex hip holster? Is it as good as i have heard, or is there a better option? I am mainly looking for comfort in all areas such as walking, sitting.. basically feel comfortable to where it doesnt move around and it still not noticeable at all while doing every day activities. Am willing to spend a pretty penny for a nicer holster. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Jtrams; October 26th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Take a look at SHTF Gear Holsters. A hybrid design with a set of features you won't find anywhere else. Makes for a more compact holster than most hybrids out there.

Here is a link to the XDs Holster.

Springfield XDs ACE-1 Holster

-Clay

N82 Professional is the only way I can carry IWB, tried a lot of styles before this one (Crossbreed, Old Faithful, Galco, etc), almost gave up on the idea. These are by far the most comfortable with no break-in needed.

N8tatical makes a great IWB holster for the XDS, imo. It is comfortable and has great retention. All I need to do now is lose all the weight I've gained since I quit smoking so I can use the damned thing...

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/
    gatorbait51 and scgunlover1 like this.
    SA Loaded 1911
    XD45 Service
    XDs45

Question about the N82 as I'm very interested in the professional model. Has anyone ever got their thumb behind the backing material when trying to draw. This is my only concern w this holster. I carry AIWB, and would hate to not get a full grip on the gun.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I use a single clip Theis holster for a four inch 40. I also carry AIWB, and I've been using this holster since I purchased it the first week of April. I have no regrets. I got mine in horsehide.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

I have N82 Tactical and the Crossbreed the alien gear will work well also.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Take a look at SHTF Gear Holsters. A hybrid design with a set of features you won't find anywhere else. Makes for a more compact holster than most hybrids out there.

Here is a link to the XDs Holster.

Springfield XDs ACE-1 Holster

-Clay
    +4, because I have four of them.
    gatorbait51 and SHTFGearLLC like this.

Thanks for the Help guys. I will let you know what I choose once i purchase.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nem
    Really happy with the few white hats I have

gatorbait51 and bigpapa like this.

If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Can you borrow some to try out? I only carry my XDS appendix. It seems made for it. I have a king tuck for it as well for its ability to allow a tucked shirt. I much prefer holsters with one big sturdy clip.

Go Seahawks!

More people than not seem to love the kydex hybrid like Old Faithful and Crossbreed, but it just didn't work for me. I have an Old Faithful for my XDs. It pinched my nerves and threw my hip out of alignment which resulted in major back pain ( I have a bad back to begin with). I wish I had taken advantage of their 30 day return policy, but I was determined to make it work and missed the boat. If you are interested in that style look at the Alien Gear Holsters, it appears to be identical to the Old Faithful. Literally. I actually think it is the same company but it's a much better price for some reason. My favorite and most comfortable holster is the Kusiak, which is only a single clip. The N82 Tactical comes in at a close second (also a single clip).
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Can you borrow some to try out? I only carry my XDS appendix. It seems made for it. I have a king tuck for it as well for its ability to allow a tucked shirt. I much prefer holsters with one big sturdy clip.

Go Seahawks!
    Can't borrow one because i am currently deployed. I went ahead and ordered from oldfaithful online, but now that i just had my wife send in my Xds for the upgrade it looks like i am not going to be able to try it out when i get back for R&R since it's going to take until after Christmas!. Maybe ill just have to buy another Xds in 9mm and try it out.

Firearmholster.com

I have one of these for my XDS..... They are made to your specs (leather color, stitch color) and are MORE comfortable then the CBST I carry my M&P9C in... They are also cheaper then the CBST and are quicker in turnaround time. Check them out. I have pics posted in the XDS discussion area on the XDForum site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links