Vest carry

Vest carry

This is a discussion on Vest carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a good carhartt vest on sale for the winter months this year. Not really thinking of it being for carry purposes but ...

Thread: Vest carry

Question Vest carry

I picked up a good carhartt vest on sale for the winter months this year. Not really thinking of it being for carry purposes but after looking at the inner pockets i am considering a pocket holster for the inside pockets. The vest itself is very tough/rigid so no printing issues from the outside. Anyone else carry in a vest or jacket inside pocket? Got any pictures of your rigs? Just trying to get some ideas. Not sure what I will be carrying in it just yet, depends on what fits in the pocket and is comfortable.

VIP Member
    It should work fine for that i have that same work vest .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

i have a Kakadu vest from Australia that has gun-specific pockets built into both front sides. there is a semi-rigid (plastic?) liner between the outer shell and the gun to prevent printing. the pockets have sub-pouches to hold a gun in position for a draw as well as smaller elastic to hold individual magazines. just for fun, i once carried two guns in it - one on each side. it works, but it's not something i'd make a habit of. unlike your potential set-up, my vest must be unzipped before i can get to the gun, which is a disadvantage. i have carried guns up to the size of my Sig P-229, but i usually carry something a little smaller and lighter, like my Sig P-239, or my 642 J-frame or Kahr CM-9. reloads go on the right side of the vest.

one nice thing about a vest is that it ventilates well, so i don't get so hot when i go from outside into a heated building.

Sponsored Links