Blackhawk Holsters now foreign made.

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Holsters now foreign made. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sporting company lets go of 64 Meridian employees - www.kivitv.com I emailed them expressing my displeasure for their move. Will no longer purchase or promote ...

Thread: Blackhawk Holsters now foreign made.

Sporting company lets go of 64 Meridian employees - www.kivitv.com

I emailed them expressing my displeasure for their move. Will no longer purchase or promote their product.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

2. Remove Ads

Actually they'll be made in an unincorporated territory of the United States, (Puerto Rico), but that's small comfort to the people losing jobs here.

Sad, I own 2 of their holsters. I always am happy to pay substantially more for an all America made product. Getting pretty darn hard to do sometimes. My greatest bias is against Chinese products. I just don't trust what I might be getting from their factories (ironically many of the Chinese companies are now exporting their jobs to Vietnam for lower costs). It gets even trickier when one considers many made in America products are actually only assembled here but manufactured elsewhere.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Sad to hear that people will be losing jobs/were laid off. I'm not really familiar with the company, but I hope they do not lose quality all to make more money. I just ordered a White Hat holster the other day that are made in the great state of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Sad, I own 2 of their holsters. I always am happy to pay substantially more for an all America made product. Getting pretty darn hard to do sometimes. My greatest bias is against Chinese products. I just don't trust what I might be getting from their factories (ironically many of the Chinese companies are now exporting their jobs to Vietnam for lower costs). It gets even trickier when one considers many made in America products are actually only assembled here but manufactured elsewhere.
    In car audio, the highest quality amplifiers are made in S. Korean factories. Now some are being exported to China for assembly. Then there's the brands you see in shops that are Chinese crap (sounds like many industries are doing this). I wish there were still US Car Audio amplifier manufacturers. Sorry for my "rant".
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Links