Anyone use belt loops with hybrid holster?

This is a discussion on Anyone use belt loops with hybrid holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about ordering a hybrid holster. The two holsters I have had in the past both had clips that worked well. I have ...

Thread: Anyone use belt loops with hybrid holster?

I am thinking about ordering a hybrid holster. The two holsters I have had in the past both had clips that worked well. I have the chance to add leather loops to my order so I was thinking of doing that but didn't want to waste the extra $8 or if it doesn't work as well.
    I was wondering if anyone every try or use leather loops instead of the metal clips?
    How do you like them compared to the metal clips?

I've never used a Hybrid holster, but I do have a Galco Kydex IWB that came with a belt clip. The clip wasn't the J-hook style, so it would sometimes come off the belt. I got a set of kydex belt loops that were available as an option and like them much better. YMMV!

I love mine. I made a set for my personal holster then started making them for others. I suggest you ask if they use line 24 or pull the dot snaps. I use pull the dot snaps on mine. The line 24's can come unsnapped. Pull the dots only come unsnapped if pulled hard in one direction. I set mine to pull from the top, which is the least likely way for them to pull by accident. Also, what kind of post do they have? I found kydex posts to be very irritating to my side, and so did several guys that tested them. The leather post I use is much better.

Cons

They are larger. May take more blousing if you tuck, depends on the material.

Pros
    Easier on furniture, particularly leather.
    Easier on and off IMO.
    More classy.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I ordered a set for my recent holster to give them a try, and having to fight to get the strap under the belt was just too much work.

Senior Moderator
    I use velcro clips on mine
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Gonna try to find some Velcro clips for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I ordered a set for my recent holster to give them a try, and having to fight to get the strap under the belt was just too much work.
    Can you run the belt through with them snapped?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    The new belt loops for SHTF GEAR hybrid holster work fine, but I can't fit into my jeans using a IWB.

Have been having back pain issues as well, so shoulder holster is the only way to go for now.
    The loops are softer than the clips which I'm always grating my hands on .

Thanks for the photos. That shtf holster looks nice.

Sponsored Links