Does this AIWB holster exist?

This is a discussion on Does this AIWB holster exist? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a holster for AIWB. After trying several I think I know what I am looking for. 1. I want a wedge ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pittypat21

Thread: Does this AIWB holster exist?

I am looking for a holster for AIWB. After trying several I think I know what I am looking for.
    1. I want a wedge to tilt the sights back and the butt of the gun in.
    2. I want it to be as thin at the barrel as possible to make it comfortable.
    3. Where I run into issue is an offset clip.
    I have several holsters that are awesome. I can add wedges and this solves most of the problems. What I run into is the thickness of the clips. I find the clips or the loops make a hump as though awkwardly pregnant.

only thing I can think of at the moment close to what you want is from CompTac I think is their name.

INCOG. It's practically magic. Super thin. I've had NO problems with this holster at all.

Edge Works INCOG IWB Holster System
    Hatrix likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    INCOG. It's practically magic. Super thin. I've had NO problems with this holster at all.

Edge Works INCOG IWB Holster System
    I rarely carry IWB any longer due to most holsters being too bulky. That thing looks nice. Might have to give one a try. Thanks.

the only issues I have with concealing my G19 in it is with the grip length - not anything with the holster. It doesn't bulge, it's incredibly thin, and it doesn't sit awkwardly. It doesn't hang at any weird angles from weight displacement, and the "tactical fuzz" helps as traction between your body and pants to keep the holster still.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Now, if they'd make it to fit the M&P with a light

Looks pretty cool. Only downside I see is it uses G Code clips. The holster I tried with those clips I found them less than ideal.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    ^^^
    I have had issues with the G-Code clips as well. PHLSter has stopped offering them on their holsters and gone to soft loops on an injection molded polymer strut.

JM Custom Kydex makes that holster. CCC Shaggy is that holster. The Keeper is that holster. Dark Star Gear has that holster.

These are JMCK AIWB holsters. Both made for a Glock 17 and one for a Crimson Trace Lightguard. It has the wedge at the front belt loop to tuck the grip, and it has a foam wedge at the inside bottom to push the top of the slide into my body. (This also helps with safety while re-holstering).

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I agree. I purchased the JMCK and really like it. I also have a Shaggy that a member of the ODT sent me to try out. I have a wedge attached and it seems to work pretty good at tucking. What I run into is the thickness of the holster + wedge + clips forms a buldge. In retrospect I wish I had ordered my JMCK for a 17. I feel the wedge would tuck it further like a lever. I did cut the bottom out of my holster to allow carry of my 17 when clothing allows. I dont feel this decreased comfort or tuck only resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    What I run into is the thickness of the holster + wedge + clips forms a buldge.
    Are you sure this is as big of an issue as you think it is? You just "perceiving" it's a big bulge, and it's really not?

How about a picture to show me how you are carrying it. You can do that in PM if you like.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA

Im sure its not and thanks for the reminder. I will try to get a pic but will also have my wife give an opinion. I know that I have found with pocket carry that the gun is far more visable from my point of view than than someone who is in front of me. I carried a J frame for a long time and the grip always printed more looking down.

The Dark Star Gear AIWB holster has adjustable wedge at the belt attachment area. You can use a lot, or you can use a little. This might solve your "bulge" problem.

It also has ride height adjustability. Up or down.

You would have to add a foam wedge at the bottom yourself.

I have one for my Shield, and it works well.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA

Links