The result of Blackhawk Holsters moving operations overseas

This is a discussion on The result of Blackhawk Holsters moving operations overseas within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ATK lays off 64 in Meridian | Idaho Economy | Idahostatesman.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The result of Blackhawk Holsters moving operations overseas

Distinguished Member

Post The result of Blackhawk Holsters moving operations overseas

gatorbait51 likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Terrible for those people who lost their jobs. Good reason to buy American made holsters.

Distinguished Member
    Yes. Yes it is.

I have two of your holsters on order and hopefully shipped soon. I look forward to them. They will make 4 SHTF holsters in the lineup.
    SHTFGearLLC and gatorbait51 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

It is really hard to buy American now days for most common everyday goods. At least when it comes to guns and accessories a lot of the stuff is still made here in the US. I try to buy American guns but especially American made accessories whether it be holsters to range bags.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

It seems this type of thing always happens right before Christmas.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

Tactical Response, and a bunch of other places & outfits, banned the blackhawk SERPA holsters years ago. I have no desire to own anything they make.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

No reason for this other then sheer greed and profit, as the sales of firearms and their related accessories has never been higher.

ATK is a weird conglomerate business. The folks I know we're former SRM people and are very outspoken about the mis-management of the company at te corporate level.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Companies exist to make money. Trying to say a business making a decision based on the bottom line is greed shows a complete lack of understanding of the business world. ATK is a publicly traded company. By maximizing the bottom dollar everyone that hold shares of the company benefits. It is kind of, sort of, what our entire freaking economy is based on.

Yes, it sucks for the people that lost their jobs. But when you can get the same level of work from a different source and doing so will save you money there really isn't a decision to make. Businesses do not exist to give people jobs or to act as a charity. They exist to make money, end of story.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

ATK is a weird conglomerate business. The folks I know we're former SRM people and are very outspoken about the mis-management of the company at tHe corporate level.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Companies exist to make money. Trying to say a business making a decision based on the bottom line is greed shows a complete lack of understanding of the business world. ATK is a publicly traded company. By maximizing the bottom dollar everyone that hold shares of the company benefits. It is kind of, sort of, what our entire freaking economy is based on.

Yes, it sucks for the people that lost their jobs. But when you can get the same level of work from a different source and doing so will save you money there really isn't a decision to make. Businesses do not exist to give people jobs or to act as a charity. They exist to make money, end of story.
    A company does not have to be public traded to succeed. My company has never allowed itself to be publicly traded and is one of the few in my area to be growing and adding jobs. As a matter of fact, being publicly traded can often be the death knell for some companies and/or those who built them from ground up. How dare a bunch of schlubs who never lifted a finger in building a company decide to throw out the founder because they don't like his appearance or marketing strategy! These parasites exist to siphon off money from hardworking successful people on a whim, while creating nothing of any real long term value on their own.

And yes, it does matter when people here lose their jobs, for there may eventually come a point when the people can't buy their products anymore for lack of money due to lack of jobs. I doubt the very many Asian's or Europeans where firearms related accessories of the type Blackhawk makes are generally banned or their people are otherwise in disinterested are going to be buying much of their products. Sorry, but human beings DO matter, and business should exist to give them jobs as well as profit, that's what makes the world go round. Who's supposed to buy their products, robots or sentinel beings?

Whenever a company only focuses on saving as much money as possible and maximizing profits at all costs, the final end result is almost always bad for the consumer. I can almost guarantee you we will not be seeing any cost savings passed on to us from Blackhawk once they make their move to Pakistan, China, etc. Only possibly lower quality and lost jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA1945 View Post
    A company does not have to be public traded to succeed. My company has never allowed itself to be publicly traded and is one of the few in my area to be growing and adding jobs. As a matter of fact, being publicly traded can often be the death knell for some companies and/or those who built them from ground up.

And yes, it does matter when people here lose their jobs, for there may eventually come a point when the people can't buy their products anymore for lack of money due to lack of jobs. I doubt the very many Asian's or Europeans where firearms related accessories of the type Blackhawk makes are generally banned or their people are otherwise disinterested are going to be buying much of their products. Sorry, but human beings DO matter, and business should exist to give them jobs as well as profit, that's what makes the world go round. Who's supposed to buy their products, robots or sentinel beings?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    You are correct, a company doesn't have to be publicly traded to be successful. However when a company is on the open market they are bound to maximize profit.

And yeah, it matters when people lose their jobs- to the economy as a whole. However a business is under no obligation, legal or moral, to provide employment to anyone. If they believe it is in their best interest to shut a plant down, that is exactly what they need to do.

As far as you seeing a benefit of the cost savings- unless you're a shareholder of the company you shouldn't expect to see any benefit. They didn't decide to go with less expensive labor so that they could provide consumers with a less expensive product. They did it so that the company would make more money by selling the product at the same price.

Anyone that doesn't like their decisions is welcome to not buy from them. If enough people make that decision then it will prove to have been a poor decision on their part. if their business stays at the same level or sees an increase they will make more money due to the decision, so it will have been the right thing for them to do.

And supposing that business should exist to give people jobs- why do the people that had the jobs deserve them? Why shouldn't those jobs go to the people that are going to be getting them now? If we're looking at making the world go 'round then you can't close your eyes and pretend that only blue collar workers in the US need jobs. The people that will be getting these jobs will be thankful to get them.
    gatorbait51 and Sarge65 like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

TRX
    Buying online, vendors seldom mention where a product is made. When my Uncle Mike's holster came in, I was startled to see a "MADE IN VIETNAM" tag sewn to it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Businesses do not exist to give people jobs or to act as a charity.
    They exist to make money, end of story.
    A concept that is fast becoming only vision from the pass,,,,, goes to
    show you how far down the road we have already gone in becoming
    a Communist country.

Making money is now evil.
    gatorbait51 and Echo_Four like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links