Mika Pocket Holsters (First time customer)

This is a discussion on Mika Pocket Holsters (First time customer) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received my Mika pocket holster for my S&W 642 pro. My first impression is it's a work of art! He claims on his website ...

Just received my Mika pocket holster for my S&W 642 pro. My first impression is it's a work of art! He claims on his website that they are not pretty but I disagree. He states they outperform the competition and I definitely agree with that. Now I see what all the hype is about and great reviews regarding Robert Mika's pocket holsters. If your not familiar with Robert Mika he is a retired LAPD officer and now makes holsters out of his home.

I contacted him about a pocket holster for my back up gun. I was looking for something as discreet as possible. I was a little worried the reinforced mouth would be a bit bulky but after speaking with Mr. Mika he assured me that it was a flex able material that has some give to it but is necessary for a smooth draw and I couldn't agree more. It is perfect in every way. It's all hand crafted on his sewing machine. The double stitching is great and the grippy texture band is not to tacky but more then enough to ensure the holster stays in your pocket when drawing. Perfectly cut for a full purchase on the grip during the draw. The reinforced mouth keeps it opened enough to where you can even get your trigger finger resting in the ready position during the draw should you choose to do so. Very affordable quality holster, honestly you can't go wrong. Another satisfied first time customer. Mr. Mika is a great guy to deal with. Just a kind hearted genuine guy who clearly cares about his customers. I will be making a donation to the DAV per his request.

If you don't already own a Mika holster for your pistol I would highly recommend them. You can browse his selection of holsters as well as other gear here:http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Administrator
    I've used my Mika everyday for at least 6 years now- it's fantastic. My impression of Mr. Mika is that he is an old school kinda guy. He does what he says and he does care about his customer and product. You also call him up and you get to talk to him- a much appreciated novelty indeed.
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 7th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Every time I use my Mika holster (which is quite often) it "newly amazes me" that the holster stays in the pocket so well even if the pocket seems too large (like in a bathrobe) for this to happen. And I agree: It's a doggone good looking little shootin'-aid! I know other people have recommended a few other brands, but I wouldn't try anything else when this one is so excellent.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; November 7th, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I got a Mika a couple of months ago for my 442 and love it. I've got a square cut one coming as well.

I've had Mika holsters for several pocket guns over the years and am a big fan. He just shipped me one a few days ago for my LCP with Crimson Trace. The gun came with a really nice looking holster from the factory. It fits so well that it comes right out of my pocket with the gun every time ;). Time for a Mika!
    EDCs: Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911, HK P2000SK .40
    BUGs: Sig Sauer P938, Ruger LCP
    Belts: Armour | Holsters: Tucker, Sparks, Comp-Tac
    ____
    Former LEO and USAF Security Forces

Seems as though at least in my research that the 3 heavyweights in the pocket holster world are: Mika's, Uncle Mike's, and DeSantis Nemesis. I've have a Nemesis for my BG380, and I have a Uncle Mike's PH #3 for my 642 and now I of course have the Mika's PH for my 642 as well. And I can honestly say the Mika knocks out all of the competition! The Nemesis is known to come out on the draw, and the UM's is not custom tailored to fit a specific gun leaving a lot to be desired. The Mika PH is of course custom fit for the specific weapon of choice. You can even submit photos and dimensions for a custom made holster for any pistol you choose. Extremely affordable and top notch customer service and quality. It's already extremely comfortable and I've read in other reviews that it gets better with time as it molds to your gun and leg.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

My 6 yr old Mika Round Cut for my 642 Is still going strong. I fondly recall my interactions with him when I ordered it. Top notch guy in the industry. He could easy charge twice is inexpensive price and it would still be a bargain!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I agree he could charge twice as much easily but shhhh lets not let him find that out!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I like the pocket knife case idea. I have never seen one of those.

I have two Mikas that are well-used. I switched to the Mika because the Nemesis I had been using started coming out of the pocket with the gun - never had that problem with the Mika. Simple design, but obviously well-planned and executed, and a great price!

Have to jump in on the 'First Time Mika Customer, and Darned Satisfied !' thread here. I have a Remora pocket holster for my new Beretta Nano, and was quite happy except that I was pondering what I could to so smooth out the draw. Before going to the trouble to deform to my hearts content, with Mika's holster to darned reasonably priced, I chose what now was the smart option and ordered a round cut pocket holster. I was happy before with my Remora, but WOW ! Mika puts out a first class holster for a heck of a price. Fits nicely, but releases the gun on draw with ease ! What more could I ask for !!!!

Nano in Remora Holster
    Nano-in-Remora-Holster.jpg

Nano in Mika Holster
    Nano-in-Mika-Pocket-Holster.jpg

Links