Holster is eating my pants

This is a discussion on Holster is eating my pants within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hoping someone can help. I've carrying for a little over a year now. I usually carry a G19 in a Max Tuck IWB holster. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Holster is eating my pants

Holster is eating my pants

Hoping someone can help.

I've carrying for a little over a year now. I usually carry a G19 in a Max Tuck IWB holster. The holster is very comfortable (the metal belt clips still are not my favorite for concealment reasons). I wear the holster at 3:30.

The problem is that the heads of the Chicago screws are eating a hole in my pants from daily wear. For pants that fit more snugly, the end of the slide is wearing a hole there.

My question is, will a tuck able holster such as one from High Noon for example still wear a hole since there is a visible flat head screw?.. I'm wondering if switching holsters would save pants, or should I just save the money for new pants?

In my business we use a lot of Torx head screws. It seems to me that Torx head would have less of a sharp edge than a flat head. Any holster companies listening? Another thought would be to put some sort of cover over the screw heads? Anyone tried this, what did you use??

Thanks, this forum is a great resource.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    you mean the muzzle end of the slide is tearing up the fabric? get a holster that covers the front of the slide, that will also prevent the gun form being pushed up and out of the holster.

the flat head screw on the tension adjustment shouldn't give you problems as it does not protrude enough. you can cover it with some mole skin if you're worried.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I'm not a holster expert, but maybe you can slap some moleskin over the damaging parts or something?

EDIT: Hahaha I see technomonster also suggested moleskin since I loaded the thread. Nice.
    ccw9mm and technomonster like this.

What is moleskin? Where do I buy it?

Techno, yes the muzzle end is wearing out pants that fit snugly. More concerned about the Chicago screw on the clip that is closer to 6:00.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSilverT View Post
    What is moleskin? Where do I buy it?

Techno, yes the muzzle end is wearing out pants that fit snugly. More concerned about the Chicago screw on the clip that is closer to 6:00.
    Feet covering mostly Amazon.com: Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus 4 5/8-Inch X 3 3/8 Inch Padding, 3-Count Packages (Pack of 8): Health & Personal Care

Also if all else failes get a remora etc holster there is no metal at all on thous . Just rubbery stuff

And when I have used them they seem to work . I really can only use thous kind as my pant type and size just don't work yet with tradition iwb.. And yes I have tried a few nothing yet .

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Try A dab of automotive goop on the screw head. Or above advice

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    all high noon holsters extend to the muzzle so you should be ok there. you can also put iron on patches inside the pants before they get messed up. which holster exactly? i have a holster from highnoon but it is OWB. many here have their holsters so they might chime in on solutions for your model.

have you tried reversing the screw assembly? the other side is flatter but the holes in the leather may not fit the other way.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    One problem is that the screw head is sitting proud . You can fix that by switching to a counter-sunk screw/washer arrangement but you will still have the wear from the uncovered muzzle. Take a close look at the Comp-Tac Minotaur holster to see what I mean.

Most Chicago screws are 8/32 thread if you want to switch fronts. Depending on the clip you might could turn the Chicago screw around too. But generally the back side is the oversized part. Or get flat T nuts for the back and an 8/32 by 3/8 screw. No way to cover screw heads. But if you think it's the edge look at getting finish washers to cover the edges.

Or moleskin.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Moleskin sounds like a good option, if the screw's fitment truly cannot be corrected. It's designed to protect against rubbing on skin; it ought to "protect" that spot equally well by simply applying to the holster there (if it'll stick, which you'll just need to try). Worst case, you'll need to alter the adhesive.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Try placing small patches of duct tape over the screw heads.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Don't feed your holster after midnight and never get it wet ....,

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'm sure you have seen it but Remora now makes a tuck in holster. I CC with one of their holsters and it is really comfortable.

I might also try some cloth tape or they make a somewhat expensive tape for Leather Sofas that would help .
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I had a similar problem as you only it wasn't the screws causing the issue, it was the rearmost clip. The clips have been replaced with pull-the-dot snap loops. Now there is no more issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links