Kydex Holster Query... ...

This is a discussion on Kydex Holster Query... ... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all. New guy here. I just lucked out on a Kydex OWB holster for my HKP2000 but the Kydex needs a little tweaking. I ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By Deaconfrost

Thread: Kydex Holster Query... ...

Hello all. New guy here. I just lucked out on a Kydex OWB holster for my HKP2000 but the Kydex needs a little tweaking. I don't have a heat gun or hairdryer so I'll have to use my oven. Is there an easy way to retain the shape for the gun while tweaking the holster? Thanks. Cheers.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    Hello all. New guy here. I just lucked out on a Kydex OWB holster for my HKP2000 but the Kydex needs a little tweaking. I don't have a heat gun or hairdryer so I'll have to use my oven. Is there an easy way to retain the shape for the gun while tweaking the holster? Thanks. Cheers.
    I strongly advise against using an oven. There is a fine line between heating it to a semi-flexible state and ending up with two flat sheets of kydex.

I'd wait till you could borrow a hair dryer or heat gun.

-Clay

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    I strongly advise against using an oven. There is a fine line between heating it to a semi-flexible state and ending up with two flat sheets of kydex.

I'd wait till you could borrow a hair dryer or heat gun.

-Clay
    Double tap, there!
    You need to keep the sidearm 'in-the-holster' in a plastic wrapper or bag before heating it to properly conform, otherwise gravity will collapse it enough to make it unusable.
    That does NOT mean to bake your pistol in the oven.
    Spend $10. and get a 1500 watt or better hair dryer... or, as mentioned above, borrow one. Any female over 13 probably has one.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Thanks guys. I borrowed a hair dryer from a neighbor and was able to tweak it a bit. I did keep my pistol (unloaded of course) in the holster and was able to rework the retention spot. I want to get the feel for it because I really want to make my own CC holster just because I like doing that kind of stuff. Thanks for the advice.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Sponsored Links