Defensive Carry banner

Kydex Holster Query... ...

919 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Deaconfrost 
#1 ·
Hello all. New guy here. I just lucked out on a Kydex OWB holster for my HKP2000 but the Kydex needs a little tweaking. I don't have a heat gun or hairdryer so I'll have to use my oven. Is there an easy way to retain the shape for the gun while tweaking the holster? Thanks. Cheers.

#3 ·
Double tap, there!
You need to keep the sidearm 'in-the-holster' in a plastic wrapper or bag before heating it to properly conform, otherwise gravity will collapse it enough to make it unusable.
That does NOT mean to bake your pistol in the oven.
Spend $10. and get a 1500 watt or better hair dryer... or, as mentioned above, borrow one. Any female over 13 probably has one.

Reactions: Black Arch Holsters
#4 ·
Thanks guys. I borrowed a hair dryer from a neighbor and was able to tweak it a bit. I did keep my pistol (unloaded of course) in the holster and was able to rework the retention spot. I want to get the feel for it because I really want to make my own CC holster just because I like doing that kind of stuff. Thanks for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.