Simply Rugged Chesty Puller system for carry

This is a discussion on Simply Rugged Chesty Puller system for carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm already a fan of the Simply Rugged pancake holster for field carry. The holster allows you to carry strong side or cross draw, the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By svgheartland
  • 1 Post By TRX
  • 1 Post By tmoore912
  • 1 Post By hayzor

Thread: Simply Rugged Chesty Puller system for carry

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar

Simply Rugged Chesty Puller system for carry

I'm already a fan of the Simply Rugged pancake holster for field carry. The holster allows you to carry strong side or cross draw, the handgun stays in place via belt tension. They're great holsters and well priced IMO.

With deer season opening this Saturday in central North Carolina I'm getting all ready. I was sitting here today running through last years "I wish I had" list and could only come up with one item. Since switching to the Simply Rugged holsters, my 1 3/4" holster belt used for slinging around insulated bibs won't work. The Simply Rugged is designed for 1 1/2" belts. But they make a pretty slick conversion that let's you carry the holster and handgun essentially on your chest. Easy access when you unzip your field coat. I contacted them to see if they stocked them since this is hardly a custom leather holster. Yep, they told me they've got 'em stocked up so the order went in. I won't have it for this weekend but it should be here within a few days. I'll keep you posted on how it works. This would work fine for CC as long as your in coat weather. For my part, I'm hoping that it's functional enough to be a handy solution for out here on the farm and working with my hands all day.

Hope your season is doing well.

http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...160&parent=672
    mr.stuart and gatorbait51 like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

2. Remove Ads

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    essentially on your chest.
    Various "hunter" holsters do that. "Tanker" holsters carry them down over your stomach. I'm not sure if the nomenclature is inflexible, though.

The forward-mount holsters are designer to clear your sides for armchairs, tightly fitting seats, climbing, running, etc. I'm surprised we don't see more of them; a properly designed one should be very comfortable, just keep your jacket, vest, or sweater zipped or buttoned high enough to cover it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I want one from here: Guides Choice Chest Holster, Original Alaskan Holster

A friend has one for hunting, and it is a fantastic performing holster. Easy to use and comfortable.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Friend bought one of the Simply Rugged Chesty Pullers for his laerge 41 or 44mag w/ a 8" barrel.
    He liked it. Comfortable way to carry a large revolver.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    I have a couple of the simply rugged holster and they are winners . I have two for my .41 magnum, one is a Texas Pancake the other is a modified pancake that allows IWB. .Yes, I am out of my mind. The Chesty Puller seems perfect for out in the bush.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    The Chesty Puller was delivered yesterday and I rigged it with the pancake for a 4" Model 19. The initial adjustments were quick. The "feel" of the rig was 90% natural right out of the gate....if that made any sense. I think this will work well, particularly when the weather turns cold enough that layering will get in the way of belt carry. I do think that a retention strap would be a good idea in case I get swinging from any trees. SR makes the straps fully removable on their pancake holsters. All in all, it seems like a good plan so far. If not this evening, I'll have a hunt by Friday PM and see how it does in the field and up in the stand, etc.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Links