My 642 and AIWB

This is a discussion on My 642 and AIWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I have found a great way to carry my 642. AIWB with a Side Guard Minimal Snap. I didn't think it would work ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vlad883

Thread: My 642 and AIWB

My 642 and AIWB

I think I have found a great way to carry my 642. AIWB with a Side Guard Minimal Snap. I didn't think it would work with my stomach lol but it does. Not sure if it is the gun but it sure ain't comfortable with other guns. Just wanted you to know if you are stomach "challenged" this might be an option.
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I have the same Side Guard holster for my 640 (just wore this evening to go out to dinner). Nice, simple design that works and is well-made. So comfortable, even with my slightly "challenged" stomach, that I forgot I had it on while I was eating.

I am stomach challenged and I carry all guns from my 3 snub noses to a Glock 26/19 and Commander length 1911, at 4:00 to 4:30. They all conceal very well and my butt helps to support the weight of the guns as well as my belt does. With appendix carry, my gut pushed the grip of all my guns outwards. I still do not know how others do it with a gut. I have to see pictures I guess.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad883 View Post
    if you are stomach "challenged"

There's no challenge involved, my big gut always wins.

Erik makes a good holster at Sideguard. I just received 'the slide' for my Model 10 snubbie, couldn't be more pleased. Simple, comfortable, pulls in tight. I recommend them.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

I use the crossdraw from bullard

Links