SRT Concealment AIWB holster

This is a discussion on SRT Concealment AIWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased an AIWB holster from a new maker, SRT Concealment . It is the best AIWB design I have seen since Cane & ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tmoore912
  • 1 Post By jdsumner

Thread: SRT Concealment AIWB holster

I just purchased an AIWB holster from a new maker, SRT Concealment. It is the best AIWB design I have seen since Cane & Derby discontinued their "Pardus" holster.

srt_aiwb.jpg

Turn around time, at least for now, is excellent. He had never made a left handed version when I ordered, but he got my holster to me in less than a week. Workmanship is topnotch.

Unfortunately, he is currently making this holster only for Glock 9/40 mm models.

He also sells through Ebay, and you may be able to get a slightly better price ordering off Ebay.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Looks like a pretty good design.

For me, it would be better if the part draw out in red was taken out. That part is the part that sticks into your thigh/groin area when sitting down. Also if that part was gone, then the holster can be positioned a little farther back and still not stick you in the thigh/groin area. Some people like to have it further back than at 1:00 O'clock.

As an example, here is a JMCK AIWB on the right with that section gone.

TX expat likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

yes. Will keep an eye on this maker.

dan
    kahrcarrier likes this.

In the picture it looks like the two belt loops are at fairly different angles. As in, the one on the left looks like it is straight and the one on the right looks to be angled about 30 degrees back. It could be the picture just makes it look like more than it actually is.

Does that serve a purpose? I am guessing it would be to tuck the grip in, but maybe at cost of comfort.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Yes. The loops position help the grip tuck toward the body more. The bulge/ wedge on the back of the holster near the bottom also pushes the top of the slide into the body more too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

tmoore912 is exactly right about the purposes of the loop and wedge. I have not noticed any discomfort because of the loop position. This is a very comfortable holster and conceals beautifully. I understand his comments about relieving the area below the trigger guard. Sice I tend to wear the holster at very close to 11:00, it hasn't been a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I just purchased an AIWB holster from a new maker, SRT Concealment. It is the best AIWB design I have seen since Cane & Derby discontinued their "Pardus" holster.

srt_aiwb.jpg

Turn around time, at least for now, is excellent. He had never made a left handed version when I ordered, but he got my holster to me in less than a week. Workmanship is topnotch.

Unfortunately, he is currently making this holster only for Glock 9/40 mm models.

He also sells through Ebay, and you may be able to get a slightly better price ordering off Ebay.
    In addition to what tmoore912 pointed out concerning the area in red, there is another issue with using this holster for AIWB. There isn't anything shielding the wearer from the top of the slide digging into your belly. When I try ANY holster AIWB with my Glock 23 that doesn't have the top of the slide and sights shielded, it digs into my belly. I don't have a huge belly, just a bit. For me, the only holster that I'm comfortable carrying AIWB is the N82 Tactical.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    In addition to what tmoore912 pointed out concerning the area in red, there is another issue with using this holster for AIWB. There isn't anything shielding the wearer from the top of the slide digging into your belly. When I try ANY holster AIWB with my Glock 23 that doesn't have the top of the slide and sights shielded, it digs into my belly. I don't have a huge belly, just a bit. For me, the only holster that I'm comfortable carrying AIWB is the N82 Tactical.

You are referring to the holster's lack of a "slide guard". You are correct it does not have one. I don't like slide guards anyway, but then I always wear an undershirt. I agree having a slide rub on your bare skin would be very uncomfortable.

I have never tried the N82 holster, so obviously I am talking through my hat, but I see two possible problems with the N82 holster. To me, it looks like it would be awfully hot in warm weather. Also, it makes no provision for tipping the grip in toward the body; I find this important, especially for AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    You are referring to the holster's lack of a "slide guard". You are correct it does not have one. I don't like slide guards anyway, but then I always wear an undershirt. I agree having a slide rub on your bare skin would be very uncomfortable.

I have never tried the N82 holster, so obviously I am talking through my hat, but I see two possible problems with the N82 holster. To me, it looks like it would be awfully hot in warm weather. Also, it makes no provision for tipping the grip in toward the body; I find this important, especially for AIWB.
    I'm not sure what you mean by tipping the grip in toward the body. Are you referring to cant, or having the grip/slide as close to the body as possible? I carry my LC9 in an N82 Tactical, and it is very comfortable, even in hot weather, and conceals well. It conceals even better AIWB than carrying on my hip or behind my hip. The only reason I don't have one for my Glock is I don't want to spend any more on holsters at this time, and I already have a CBST for the Glock.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

By "tipping the grip", I meant pushing the grip in as tight to the body as possible (not cant). This is usually accomplished by putting a "wedge" on the lower back side of the holster to push the bottom out and the top in slightly. With an LC9, I don't think it would be a big deal, but my normal AIWB carry is a larger pistol (Glock 19, XD Service, etc).

The idea of the wedge at the muzzle end seems to be popular lately.
    I read about it in referance to garittys newer leather holster design.
    I use compacts and never noticed the grip sticking out problem. My problem
    Is I'm afraid to ask a leather holsters maker to make a custom holster with
    The features I want , pay big money and then it's uncomfortable, and can't use it.
    I got the N8-2 , desantis stealth, and they work well but don't provide it all:
    Small
    Vertical
    Reinforced top
    Low with room to grasp grip
    Shield
    Leather
    Sight groove
    Tight clip
    That's all

Sponsored Links