Guru wallet

This is a discussion on Guru wallet within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to try a guru wallet for my LCP. Pocket Holsters My levi's are not deep enough to cover the top of the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By Kc.38
  • 2 Post By chuckusaret

Thread: Guru wallet

Guru wallet

I would like to try a guru wallet for my LCP.

Pocket Holsters

My levi's are not deep enough to cover the top of the gun when its in my hip pocket. I really don't want it showing.

The guru wallet has a fake zipper flap over the top. Wondering if there is anyone on here that can tell me if that flap stays down when its on your pocket?

2. Remove Ads

How does this stay in the pocket when drawing? I feel like it would easily pull out with the gun?

Don't know. But hip pocket is my best option for me. Or at least I think so. But I haven't found a hip wallet that covers the handle.

You're in Iowa, lots of cool weather (I suppose) for wearing flannel shirts and jackets...stick to a regular IWB/OWB holster.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have the Guru holster, it is a wellbuilt holster and it works well and is easy to conceal the LCP. It also stays in the pocket during a draw. Now for the down side. It is slooooow to draw from. This is the only wallet holster I have ever used but the zippered flap has to be pulled out of the way and then the draw can begin. The flap stays in place and conceals the weapon very well, so well that it is in the way.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Retsup99, it may get cool/cold here in the winters but it also gets 100 too. So 75% my time is spent in a polo or T shirt. I visit customers so try to be dressed neatly with tucked in shirt, belt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc.38 View Post
    I have the Guru holster, it is a wellbuilt holster and it works well and is easy to conceal the LCP. It also stays in the pocket during a draw. Now for the down side. It is slooooow to draw from. This is the only wallet holster I have ever used but the zippered flap has to be pulled out of the way and then the draw can begin. The flap stays in place and conceals the weapon very well, so well that it is in the way.
    Thanks for response. I think I will try one.

It comes down to the fact that even a slow draw system is better than a handgun at home because you are unable to carry it. I am just trying to get something that goes in my pocket 7 days a week without thinking about it.

I don't live in location that I feel I need a quick draw all the time. I realize you never know when that situation will arise but I think if I go someplace where I am uncomfortable I can move it to temporary/better spot.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have and use one often and Kc.38 covered it well. Food for thought; when the mugger asks for your wallet he would allow you to reach for your wallet and most likely never expect you to retrieve a pistol from your rear pocket. It does take practice to quickly manipulate the fake zipper flap.
    rrmccabe and Rock and Glock like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I agree about practice. Seems with a little practice a guy could learn pull his wallet tossing it to the ground and when the attacker looks back he finds a gun pointing at him.

Put the gun in your front pocket. If necessary, have a tailor simply deepen the pocket a bit.

this holster looks interesting. Ultra-Compact Micro Pocket Pistol Holster - Ultra-Compact Micro Pocket Pistol Holder

I have several from Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links