Versacarry- (Especially for AIWB) any views on it from Users

This is a discussion on Versacarry- (Especially for AIWB) any views on it from Users within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to admit, what I use ( 3Speed Holster ) is definitely an alternative to a more conventional set up. I have some mobility ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Versacarry- (Especially for AIWB) any views on it from Users

I have to admit, what I use (3Speed Holster) is definitely an alternative to a more conventional set up.
    I have some mobility issues, so my best draws can be from (Crossdraw 10:00-about 12:00) and i wear it normally at 2:00-2:30. The 3Speed works well for me in the Texas Gulf Coast, because i am retired and spend most days in shorts and tees. When the weather does get more wintry and i need long pants and coats. I was thinking of either trying out the Kangaroo Carry or this .(possibly both and switching off as needed). It so MINIMALISTIC, it intrigues me but is it safe to use.

PS on their Facebook page they are promoting their magazine carriers due DEC or JAN of 2014 858567_660233873998074_854516446_o.jpg
    tcbrad98 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I have to admit, what I use (3Speed Holster) is definitely an alternative to a more conventional set up.
    I have some mobility issues, so my best draws can be from (Crossdraw 10:00-about 12:00) and i wear it normally at 2:00-2:30. The 3Speed works well for me in the Texas Gulf Coast, because i am retired and spend most days in shorts and tees. When the weather does get more wintry and i need long pants and coats. I was thinking of either trying out the Kangaroo Carry or this .(possibly both and switching off as needed). It so MINIMALISTIC, it intrigues me but is it safe to use.

PS on their Facebook page they are promoting their magazine carriers due DEC or JAN of 2014 858567_660233873998074_854516446_o.jpg
    I own neither so I looked at the vids for both. The one you are using (3 speed) looks really interesting and their prices looked
    good. The one you are asking about--well, on the plus side it has a trigger guard. On the minus side they make a point in
    one of the flicks that it is not a 'draw and return' holster. They continue that if you have to use it, you can't put it away. Just put it down while you wait for the cops. I see this as a big negative, but then, YMMV. The minimalist aspect of it might make the trade off worthwhile. Again, I'm just going from their own advertising flicks, not personal experience with either.

Good luck finding what you really need.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I had a "Versacarry" for a couple days. It worked well since my spine is fairly wrecked & I don't need a lot of retention factors.
    It was easy enough to draw from and easy to remove for re-holstering (not an issue for me).
    On the 2nd day, I dropped it on a tile floor and it broke in two.

I returned it and got a metal clip that attaches to the slide of my M&P Classic .40 (19 oz) and wear it between my pants & belt. The belt completely covers the trigger for safety. Been using it for a month & LOVE THE THING. 10 minute install on any sidearm, no drilling: UNIVERSAL CLIPDRAW | Brownells

For my Colt 1911, I use a "Clip Draw" which attaches under the grip (universal) and allows you to carry with just a clip. I've used mine a 4 O'clock for about 2 years and LOVE IT. Looks like this one on the far right: Handgun Carry Clips | Holsters & Belt Gear at Brownells

Not for e/one, but I'm a gimp.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

At least they have finally added a trigger guard.

I still do not like the concept you must remo0ve the unit in order to "reholster" your gun.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I tried the versa carry... it thought it was horrible. I really disliked the idea of having something jammed in the barrel other than the bullet.
    Parrisk likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I use both a versacarry and a MIC holster for the trigger coverage. The combination gives me support from the belt and being pressed against my side as well as trigger protection from unintentional discharges.

If you have an M&P or Glock, check out the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I use one for my Nano, and enjoy it quite a bit. One great thing is you can unclip the Versa, and remove the gun still "holstered" because it's just a clip with a trigger guard, as opposed to removing an entire holster to keep a gun protected. The only more simplistic or minimal holster I know, is the MIC from GlockTech, or the similar "TC" holster from Multi-Holsters.com

DSCF8317_zpse2f5d1f0.jpg DSCF8314_zpsda307d89.jpg DSCF8312_zpsae10db6d.jpg DSCF8311_zpscbdb54aa.jpg DSCF8310_zpsdd85db68.jpg
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Just got a VersaCarry and although being new to CC i have to say I love it. Esp. for driving, it is very comfy and doesnt get in the way at all. Very smooth when you draw the weapon as well. And conceals my Glock 23 very nicely with minimal visibility and thats only if i am bending over

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Go ahead and dowhat you want at the range- slow, stable, layered, controlled safety measures, but dont EDC with this thing.

So what's the advantage over a real holster? Less stable? Less trigger protection? Cheap? (Price and design)

Again, for the sake of your fellow safe, responsible firearm owners, get a real holster. That trigger clip thing doesn't count either!

Here are just a couple:
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...imit_clip.html

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/QuickClip.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Go ahead and dowhat you want at the range- slow, stable, layered, controlled safety measures, but dont EDC with this thing.

So what's the advantage over a real holster? Less stable? Less trigger protection? Cheap? (Price and design)

Again, for the sake of your fellow safe, responsible firearm owners, get a real holster. That trigger clip thing doesn't count either!

Here are just a couple:
    Upper Limit Clip

Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Quick Clip
    YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!! I just cannot justify a "holster" (so-called) that doesn't cover the trigger completely. Both sides. Seems to violate the rules of safety, IMO. Price cannot be the best factor because as you list above, HIGH NOON HOLSTERS makes some fine holsters and they start in the under $30 range. The Versa-Carry can't be a whole lot less than that. How much is safety worth? If the lack of coverage over the trigger doesn't bother you -- GO FOR IT! But please don't stand too close to others while wearing that thing! And if you drop a leather holster, it won't break ....
    Nmuskier likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

sigh, i use a versa carry and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.

If you think the plastic will damage the barrel then you dont understand material properties very well.

The trigger guard is fine. What exactly is going to cause the gun to discharge on your body side with the frame hugged against you? Nothing. Use a safety if you are paranoid about it.

They are not about price. they are about conceal and comfort. I (and many people) LOVE how slim they are. Small amounts of material add up quick across the width of a holster and gun.

"Oh no, I cant put my gun back in without removing it?!" Why would you care? This is not a "holster" made for taking to the range. It is very specific to edc. When exactly are you drawing your weapon that you are so concerned about re-holstering? You want access fast and the versa gives you that. I akin this argument to people that whine about triggers being "gritty". Cause you will definitely notice that during a firefight....oh wait...no you wont.

If a person tries one and doesnt like the way it works for them thats one thing; but making comments if you havent tried it is kind of lame.

It's reliable, stable, safe, fast, comfortable, and concealable. I know some people just love pretty holsters and thats fine. Definitely cant check that box but in every other respect, it is fully functional.

And I AM a responsible and safe gun owner.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    How much trouble and expense would it be to cover both sides of the trigger, not just one side.
    Nmuskier and robhic like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If i was going to go minimalist, I think i'd pass on this one.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I (and many people) LOVE how slim they are. Small amounts of material add up quick across the width of a holster and gun.
    But this MUST be worn OWB. What sense does 2mm of material make OWB? The "thin" argument doesn't work here. Especially when a Kydex holster only adds 2mm per layer-IWB.

Fine for a range holster; NOT an EDC holster.

image.jpg
    ^^^notice how the trigger is securely anchored.
    This is a fine competition holster. http://www.speedshooter.com/product_...ck-(left-hand)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links