CrossBreed Appendix Carry vs QwickClip

This is a discussion on CrossBreed Appendix Carry vs QwickClip within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was getting ready to order a QwickClip for a Taurus Model 85, and then saw they now have an Appendix Carry model. I do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CrossBreed Appendix Carry vs QwickClip

I was getting ready to order a QwickClip for a Taurus Model 85, and then saw they now have an Appendix Carry model. I do appendix carry, but sometimes carry in other positions, 4:30 and occasionally 3:30. Has anyone actually used the Appendix Carry model and if so, is it substantially more comfortable in that position than a QwickClip? Has anyone used QwickClip for appendix carry and is it comfortable?

Thanks

Edit: I have searched some more and am reading posts regarding the Appendix Carry holster. Still, any direct comparisons between the two I mention would be helpful.

My Qwick Clip, for a Glock 26, did not anchor itself sufficiently in any carry position. The single clip, placed relatively far from the gun, did not stabilize the rig and allowed the gun to "sink" below the belt line.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    My Qwick Clip, for a Glock 26, did not anchor itself sufficiently in any carry position. The single clip, placed relatively far from the gun, did not stabilize the rig and allowed the gun to "sink" below the belt line.

YMMV.
    Exactly. In my case though it allowed the holster and pistol, an LCP, to work it's way OUT. For this reason I am not a fan of the single clip unless it's in line with the gun somewhere so it can't rotate.

If your talking about side guards quick clip I use one for carrying my LCR at about 1:00 and find it rides very well and doesent move at all.The rear mounted clip keeps the grip pulled intight to the body and its the perfect ride height for a small revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post

YMMV.
    Thanks, I was wondering about that.

I have a couple like these and I use them often enough, especially with my J frames and shorter sidearms.
    Otherwise I go to the 4 O'clock position.

These are good: Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Quick Clip
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

My Crossbreed Quickclip arrived this last Monday (only 4 weeks since I ordered it) and so far it's been working out well with my Nano. I chose the Quickclip vs. the Appendix model because of the clip placement; I carry at about 2:30, and wanted the clip to the rear instead of near my belt buckle where I would feel it whenever I sat down or bent over (5' 10", 205 lbs, so I have a little excess avoirdupois in the front).

The Nano is pretty light, so with the holster clipped over either a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" wide belt it hardly "rocks" at all. It rides up a little when I sit in the car, but settles right back down when I stand up. I could see how it could be a problem with a heavier gun though.
    --If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.

I like the clip draw on my 3" 1911zz at appendix

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    I have a couple like these and I use them often enough, especially with my J frames and shorter sidearms.
    Otherwise I go to the 4 O'clock position.

These are good: Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Quick Clip
    I'd like to get one of these. Is this the one you have? I want one for a 4" 40.
    Quick Clip MP8.JPG
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Maybe because I am tall (6'3") my waistline is higher, I find AIWB to be very comfortable when sitting. I have neither of the holsters you speak of, but I use a GALCO Sto-N-Go AIWB holster. It has the single clip right inline with the pistol, all leather with re-inforced mouth. I can carry a Glock G19 or G26 9mm with no problem. I also have one for a Taurus 605 38/357 and all 3 guns between the 2 holsters ride well, fit fine and I truly kinda lose track that I have them on. For $26 each, and GALCO quality ya can't go wrong!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I want to go to a huge holster store and try a few AIWB holsters
    and decide which one I want, cause I don't want a draw full
    That I can't use

I found that the SuperTuck works just fine for me as an appendix carry for my 1911 Commander size. It is big but it works.
    ccman likes this.

VIP Member
    CrossBreed.

What is your refund and warranty policy?

Answer:

Once you receive your holster you have two weeks to try it out, if it doesn't work for you, simply give us a ring and we will buy it back, less shipping and handling. Even after your two-week-try-it-free period is over, the holster still carries a lifetime warranty and we will repair or replace it as long as you own it if it fails you in any way under normal use.

so I have a little excess avoirdupois in the front). Northeran talk for Beer Belly.

I like the appendix carry

I am wearing the crossbreed appendix carry right now. I like it, but you can only use it for straight vertical two o'clock carry. I carry a Taurus 809c and it's comfortable for me, even when sitting. I mean, I notice there's a gun there, but it's really not bad. The clip is about an inch to the right of my belt buckle the way I wear it. I wish I could adjust the cant of the holster to make the gun "lean" forward. I feel the grip prints slightly in the vertical position. I found a picture that shows the way I wear the appendix.
    appendix.jpg

I am going to order the quick clip so I'll be able to adjust the cant and I'll report back in six to eight weeks, lol

That is not the crossbreed in the photo but it looks almost identical as far as cant and clip placement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links