For the ladies: new bra holster choice

This is a discussion on For the ladies: new bra holster choice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't want one - nor do I want a Flashbang or other bra holster, but for the women who do, Remora is now featuring ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By jenatron
  • 1 Post By robhic
  • 1 Post By jenatron
  • 2 Post By Rotorflyr
  • 2 Post By Lees
  • 1 Post By 88keys
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint

Thread: For the ladies: new bra holster choice

I don't want one - nor do I want a Flashbang or other bra holster, but for the women who do, Remora is now featuring their new bra holster. If you want to check it out:

Remora's "Bra Draw" Holster

Their current sale feature is 20% off plus free mag holder. Coupon code is 20mag. They seem to always have a sale of one kind or another, so always check their home page before ordering.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    One of the ladies had a thread about problems with the Flashbang not working well for her. That looks like it may ride lower and work better.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    One of the ladies had a thread about problems with the Flashbang not working well for her. That looks like it may ride lower and work better.
    I own the Flashbang, and it has the option to ride low or high as well. But, riding low is usually problematic.

Anywho, I'm curious to see how women like Remora's offering. I imagine it's much more comfortable than the Flashbang, but more bulky and thus less concealable.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenatron View Post
    I own the Flashbang, and it has the option to ride low or high as well.
    Not being intimately familiar with wearing this article of clothing, wouldn't (or doesn't) "riding low" make for some odd looking contours and bumps in the front of a shirt or blouse? The girl in the video (yes, I watched...) wore a lot of black and patterns. But with lighter and solid colors it seems the bra holster(s) in general would be detectable, no? Underarm carry like with the Pistol Wear holsters looks OK. Could a bra holster be adapted to this method? Would it fit under an arm? Just curious.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Not being intimately familiar with wearing this article of clothing, wouldn't (or doesn't) "riding low" make for some odd looking contours and bumps in the front of a shirt or blouse? The girl in the video (yes, I watched...) wore a lot of black and patterns. But with lighter and solid colors it seems the bra holster(s) in general would be detectable, no? Underarm carry like with the Pistol Wear holsters looks OK. Could a bra holster be adapted to this method? Would it fit under an arm? Just curious.
    Yep, what often happens is it pokes out away from your body because the bra isn't holding it down. The brand, Looper Law, makes a bra holster that is under your armpit, in your bra, cross-draw style. I don't own that one, but I've heard good things about it too.
    As for what they can be worn with, I only wear the Flashbang with loose tops since I imagine it doesn't work well with most tight shirts. Plus, it's kind of a last-resort holster solution for me, only when I can't wear IWB or thigh.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenatron View Post
    Looper Law makes a bra holster that is under your armpit, in your bra, cross-draw style. I don't own that one, but I've heard good things about it too.
    I believe you're talking about the "Marilyn" holster…MrsFlyr has been considering trying one out, but has yet to order it (mainly because she can't decide what it is she'd choose to carry in it).

The Remora version looks ok, but to me the buckle on the strap looks like it would create more of a noticeable outline then the snap that the Flashbang uses.
    gatorbait51 and jenatron like this.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Interesting. I could not bring myself to carry with a round chambered with that. I don't have any of the Flashbangs or variations, either, but emotionally they feel a lot safer to me. I know people will say that "such and such holster" is "safe" and there have "never been any problems."

I have been more interested in the bra holster that places the gun in the armpit region (the Marilyn). The problem with that for me is that I pick up small children about a thousand times a day and I always keep my gun on the opposite side from where I hold the children, and cross draw doesn't work with that arrangement.

I agree, the buckle part of the Remora looks like it would create a noticeable outline, but maybe not because even in a tight tshirt there are inches of free space from the middle of the bra to the tshirt surface. I don't think anybody would ever guess what it was.

I wish the demo video were clearer. I am not willing to spend $50 to try it out based on the very limited information that they showed.
    gatorbait51 and 88keys like this.

No thanks. Looks way too bulky and my gun is too big to be trying to hide there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I liked watching the demos, but, uh, er.....

That is the first place a guy will look, so it absolutely cannot print. Not being a woman, I am curious to know just how comfortable it is and what is the largest firearm a woman could carry.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Sponsored Links